Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Airbus A321-211 CFM [?]  (Read 47797 times)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Airbus A321-211 CFM [?]
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:40:37 am »

Hello everyone! :)

I just suspended this project because of copyright issues. But i'm not going to stop here, i'm planing to convert/import Freeware aircrafts, so users can fly them too, not only me. Yeah some users (like HiFlyer and TimXWB) suggested that to me and I just agree with them.

And about this aircraft posted here... i don't know, maybe i'll import it just to see how a High quality aircraft looks in Outerra.

---------------First Post---------------
Today i have some good news for all the Flight Simulator Enthusiasts!

What i'm about to do, is trying to bring into Outerra a very beautifully detailed Commercial Aircraft made by Aerosoft for MS-FSX wich is called Airbus X Extended A320/A321. It contains the Airbus A320 and A321 with a couple of variations and liveries, but for now i'm going to focus particularly on the A321-211 CFM (without Sharklets).

The process will be a bit longer because i have to manually readjust all the movable parts and set them ready to be able to re-animate them(this includes all buttons, switches, etc...). Another problem i have to deal with, is that the Cabin is made separately from the exterior/fuselage, so i have to remodelate(this word even exist? :D) the meshes in order to fit nicely together without having to switch between Interior/Exterior hiding the exterior when we are inside and vice-versa. But maybe switching between Interior/Exterior will be better if we are talking about performance, and at this moment, i have no idea how to do that because I've never imported any vehicle into Outerra, yet, but i hope this nice community will help me to get the Aircraft ready to fly above the wonderful Outerra's terrain. But before I ask you for any help, i'm gonna search on this forum for possible answers. :)

Here i have some images of the aircraft in the import process:

As you can see, the High-Poly cabin is modeled separately from the exterior:

For any questions, suggestions or critics, please post a reply :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:03:03 pm by Levi »

HiFlyer

Re: Airbus A321-211 CFM [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:09:51 am »

Its an exciting prospect, and your pictures are great. All I would say is please be careful, as their may be copyright issues that neither you or the Outerra developers want to have to be on the wrong side of.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:11:31 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 07:25:19 am »

Its an exciting prospect, and your pictures are great. All I would say is please be careful, as their may be copyright issues that neither you or the Outerra developers want to have to be on the wrong side of.

Yeah, for sure it's copyrighted, but i hope they don't mind hehe. I'm not gonna do it for commercial proposes and/or to make money from their work neither, i'ts only for personal use and for fun. isn't it? :)

James

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 07:46:00 am »

Nice to see a larger airliner in Outerra. :D

MathijsKok

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:35 am »

Yeah, for sure it's copyrighted, but i hope they don't mind hehe. I'm not gonna do it for commercial proposes and/or to make money from their work neither, i'ts only for personal use and for fun. isn't it? :)

I am not sure why this is good news for anybody but yourself because you are not allowed to share your conversion with anybody without getting a reseller license from us. For personal use it's fine. Although the sales license does not allow decompiling as you clearly did, I don't really mind that. I feel that when you buy something it is yours and you can do what you want with it.

For others, keep in mind that the 3d model that is shown here is of course not what we sell. The 3d model is only 15% of the product. It's the systems that are by far the biggest part of a product like this.  We got no plans to release anything for Outerra at this moment.

2eyed

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:36:36 am »

Wow,Lord Aerosoft honoures us with their. ;)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:12:04 am »

Its a fine work airliner there ... true, internal systems are a ton of work on a such thing - OT will take some time to be able getting those things work. But a Start-up procedure animation could be done there (yes, you would just watch it go - nothing more). But maybe there will be in future a fast and easy import way for FS aircraft's.

A nice hidding-script is in the Shavrov (you will have a lot of things to hide whyte that cockpit there - will work, but be prepared for some swearing nights :D ) - you may look at that flyer Levi - maybe use the MIGs gear retraction too.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:17:03 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 10:22:00 am »

I am not sure why this is good news for anybody but yourself because you are not allowed to share your conversion with anybody without getting a reseller license from us. For personal use it's fine. Although the sales license does not allow decompiling as you clearly did, I don't really mind that. I feel that when you buy something it is yours and you can do what you want with it.

For others, keep in mind that the 3d model that is shown here is of course not what we sell. The 3d model is only 15% of the product. It's the systems that are by far the biggest part of a product like this.  We got no plans to release anything for Outerra at this moment.

It seems that i can't share it without getting a reseller license from you, btw how much does the license costs (only for the 3d model if it's posible)? But until then, i'll share this model only through photos and videos :D ah, btw the good news are not only about sharing the actual model but it's more about to see how a complex aircraft works in Outerra. Thanks for the reply!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2014, 10:32:29 am »

Its a fine work airliner there ... true, internal systems are a ton of work on a such thing - OT will take some time to be able getting those things work. But a Start-up procedure animation could be done there (yes, you would just watch it go - nothing more). But maybe there will be in future a fast and easy import way for FS aircraft's.

A nice hidding-script is in the Shavrov (you will have a lot of things to hide whyte that cockpit there - will work, but be prepared for some swearing nights :D ) - you may look at that flyer Levi - maybe use the MIGs gear retraction too.

Definitely that's what i'll do, looking at other aircrafts to see how they are made/scripted  :D. Thx for the reference, i'll take a look at that Shavrov and at MIG's gear retraction too.

(you will have a lot of things to hide whyte that cockpit there - will work, but be prepared for some swearing nights :D )
It doesn't matter if there are too many objects on the cockpit, i'll group them together and i'll hide the whole group, but this of course if it's possible to do  :-\ we will see...

MathijsKok

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2014, 10:42:10 am »

It seems that i can't share it without getting a reseller license from you, btw how much does the license costs (only for the 3d model if it's posible)? But until then, i'll share this model only through photos and videos :D ah, btw the good news are not only about sharing the actual model but it's more about to see how a complex aircraft works in Outerra. Thanks for the reply!

To buy a commercial license for a model like that is of course highly depending on what it will be used for, but you got to think 5.000 to 10.000 Euro. It's in that range. We have sold it to professional companies a few times, you even might have seen it in a movie!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 11:21:13 am »

To buy a commercial license for a model like that is of course highly depending on what it will be used for, but you got to think 5.000 to 10.000 Euro. It's in that range. We have sold it to professional companies a few times, you even might have seen it in a movie!
That's for sure a high price for what I was going to do. I wasn't going to sell it or something like that, just to share it for Outerra format only so users can be able to fly it, without any proffits.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 11:35:17 am »

Well there is always a way to make money for something awesome. If you are willing to go out, license models and release them for free here I am sure one or two or 60 people would put a dollar a month into a www.patreon.com account. Crowd funding is king of getting things done.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

MathijsKok

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 12:43:42 pm »

That's for sure a high price for what I was going to do. I wasn't going to sell it or something like that, just to share it for Outerra format only so users can be able to fly it, without any proffits.

I am sorry, that would be a clear copyright violation. The only thing possible would be for you to share your tools so other owners of the product could replicate what you did. But every polygon and bitmap of that product is copyrighted and cannot be shared without our permission.  I am surprised you thought you could share it without our permission and I am glad this is clear so you do not get into legal problems.

MathijsKok

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 12:53:51 pm »

Well there is always a way to make money for something awesome. If you are willing to go out, license models and release them for free here I am sure one or two or 60 people would put a dollar a month into a www.patreon.com account. Crowd funding is king of getting things done.

Sorry but if somebody wants to license something from us and give it out for free he better be ready to pay for the complete development and all the money we hope to make from it in the future. In total we got over 10 man year into this project (say 25.000 hours). We are not talking a dollar here and there. We are talking many hundreds of thousands of dollars in pure salaries alone.

So we'll protect that investment seriously and I feel this discussion is rather futile. I love Outerra but there is no way this project will see it's way to Outerra in the near future.

HiFlyer

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 01:41:42 pm »

Hmmm...........

Interesting conversation. Levi, if Aerosoft doesn't want their stuff used, there are plenty of nice freeware planes out there that their designers probably wouldn't mind being used, as they have already been released to the public. Being somewhat simpler in general, they would probably be even easier and quicker to convert without losing all that much, since Outerra really cant use the complex systems yet anyway.

Probably just a quick email to the person explaining what you want to do, and asking for permission or/and help might be enough!

There are so many generous and creative people out there that somebody is just bound to say yes!  :)

Maybe freebies from a site like this? http://simviation.com//downloads.html
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:04:01 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: [1] 2 3