Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: EF-2000 WIP  (Read 54331 times)

bongodriver

Re: EF-2000 WIP
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2015, 05:59:17 am »

No real progress unfortunately, I still plan to eventually finish it, finding the time is the difficult part, I taught myself how to 3d model so I am no expert and it is a slow process for me, I am still working on a detailed cockpit.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2015, 07:39:33 am »

Great to hear you haven't abandoned it! Keep it up.

I took the liberty of modifying your script a bit. I optimized it by declaring variables for the jsbsim properties, so each is called only once and assigned to a variable to be passed to multiple methods for the animations. I also added extended controls, dynamic cockpit zoom, lights, gun, engine glow and set the engine to initially be in the off state.

Best regards,
Uriah

The new script can be downloaded here: typhoon.js

Default extended controls:
O    Canopy open/close
E    Engine on/off
+    Zoom in (num pad)
-    Zoom out (num pad)
L    Landing lights
Shift + N    Navigation lights
Left mouse button    Fire gun

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 07:44:13 am by Uriah »

bongodriver

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2015, 07:58:21 am »

I'm glad it's got some interest, feel free to make whatever additions you can, it will help free up some of the workload.

Nice screens.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2015, 08:55:48 am »

Actually, would you be able to modify the package to get it ready for the new weapon system?

I just need you to add dummy helpers to the pylons where each external store will be attached. Name them 'BONE_station_01' through 'BONE_station_13', from starting from left wing to right, and parent them to your parent node. Make sure the dummy helpers have their local axis is aligned correctly with +Y facing forward. I'll use these to attach weapons and external stores loadouts dynamically.

Here is the exact arrangement for the stations.

The origin of each dummy helper needs to be coincident with the root of the attachment point, where the lug would secure the payload to the aircraft.

Also, each dummy should be positioned approximately in the lateral center and near the lug attachment point for each pylon, to accommodate different sizes of payloads, as they would in real life.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:11:06 am by Uriah »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2015, 03:14:10 am »

Uriah, you need bombs and rockets to have the placing of theyr base-bone at some specific location too (so it fits the pylon right away), or you do some corrections for the placement on the pylon-lenght direction anyway ? Im asking, cause mostly drop-bombs have theyr U-rings for mounts on the pylons, and they should be fit to the proper place on it, and, most planes will use the same armament (if its NATO ones and we talk about the few you already have ready for the Appache).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2015, 07:53:54 am »

That's correct, any external store, payload, or weapon, will have its own attachment location relative to where it needs to attach on the pylon, and also it will be able to adjust its position and rotation offset as well. Launchers and targeting pods (e.g. LUA-17 or LAU M299) will be able to attach to the pylon, and the rocket, bomb or missile attach to that, and certain launchers will be able to rotate in pitch and yaw axis dynamically for targeting. Also, each pylon will have a loadout list, since only specific stores can mount to specific pylons. Once complete, it will be a fairly straight forward system, and fully compatible. The same system will also used for assembling rocket stages and spacecraft payloads.

Regards,
Uriah

PytonPago

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2015, 02:03:33 am »

You plan the same for cluster-bombs ? ... having all bomblets its own spawn-possition marked by a bone inside. Then just spawned as separate objects when it gets oppened during flight ? Some have quite a lot: (see ak 0:28 - the RBK-500. Not sure of the designation of that active AT, might as well be just experimental footage too.)

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2015, 03:28:41 am »

I'm not sure exactly how I'll do cluster munitions, however there won't need to be a bone joint for each sub-munition, they will simply have a position and rotation offset from the object origin.

PytonPago

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2015, 04:30:30 am »

I'm not sure exactly how I'll do cluster munitions, however there won't need to be a bone joint for each sub-munition, they will simply have a position and rotation offset from the object origin.

... i know some sims just simply calculate the hit-positions trough some randomizer and dont bother white any extra animations appart of the dropp. Doe, visually not so much a eye-candy. Worst is, there can by up to 100 submunitions ... ould be needed to try how OT handles spawning so much miniscule objects whyte simple drop-physics and theyr simultanious explosive effect. But, i fear it might involve some driver crashing.

... also, now i remembered another thing - is that pylon-list also pylon-compatible ? I mean, most munitions need special pylons ( not sure how some multirole platfom aircraft, witch have some tweaked pylons for this, but older planes definitely have a list of pylons they have for different munitions and misc. instrumentation ). Wuld be nice if ya have at each munition type some aditional variable witch would automatically choose a pylon for it (where pylons would be then separate objects like rocket launchers).

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2015, 04:43:43 am »

... i know some sims just simply calculate the hit-positions trough some randomizer and dont bother white any extra animations appart of the dropp. Doe, visually not so much a eye-candy. Worst is, there can by up to 100 submunitions ... ould be needed to try how OT handles spawning so much miniscule objects with simple drop-physics and theyr simultanious explosive effect. But, i fear it might involve some driver crashing.

Once the new methods are added, I don't think there will be any issues with spawning several hundred objects. The only issue currently with that would be particle effects, but those will be optimized in the future.

... also, now i remembered another thing - is that pylon-list also pylon-compatible ? I mean, most munitions need special pylons ( not sure how some multirole platfom aircraft, witch have some tweaked pylons for this, but older planes definitely have a list of pylons they have for different munitions and misc. instrumentation ). Wuld be nice if ya have at each munition type some aditional variable witch would automatically choose a pylon for it (where pylons would be then separate objects like rocket launchers).

That's what I meant in my previous post. Each pylon will only be able to load certain stores. I will build a GUI to select the loadout, similar to DCS.

Regards,
Uriah

PytonPago

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2015, 05:07:30 am »

Oh, misunderstood ... meaning the type of a pylon (the mount itself that is) on a certain pylon-position :

... where you see that the pylon-mount has some special under-mounts or certain additional parts for different kinds of munitions out of the standard mount-solution.  ... im sure NATO planes have the 6-bomb ones too.

And there are planes that switch the antire mount for another, not having an adition to it, like this one :

Also a posibility to hide the pylons so just a clean wing is visible (mostly for free flight or acrobatics). Thats why i asked if we should do the pylon-mounts themselves as separate models and be added due to the selected weaponry just as rocket-launchers, hanging on them.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:12:52 am by PytonPago »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2015, 05:44:06 am »

The system will be completely compatible with anything you design, for any purpose. You'll be able to attach both static and dynamic objects, and the rest is up to your imagination!

Regards,
Uriah

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2016, 10:32:24 pm »

« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:47:27 pm by Uriah »

PytonPago

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2016, 12:21:10 am »

Beautifull !

aWac9

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2016, 06:04:35 am »

nice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6