Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: EF-2000 WIP  (Read 54350 times)

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
Re: EF-2000 WIP
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2016, 07:37:59 am »

aWac9

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2016, 02:46:19 pm »

great job ... great contribution

thanks

Note: that beautiful surroundings ... have to find out where the stash is
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 07:09:14 pm by aWac9 »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2016, 05:22:32 am »

Thanks!

The location in the last video was Mt. Rainier National Park in Washington State.

Here is another video, showing different types of missiles being launched, AGM-65E Maverick and AIM-9M Sidewinder. The mass and drag of each external store is accounted for dynamically in the flight model. When the script initializes, it checks what the loadout configuration is, and sets the mass and drag-area for each station. When the store is launched, the mass and drag are set accordingly. There are also empty fuel tanks in the flight model at Stations, 3, 7 and 11. When a 1000 liter drop fuel tank is loaded on the wing, that tank is set to full. When you drop the tanks, both the mass of the empty tank and the mass of the fuel is zeroed. You can select between air-to-ground and air-to-air mode, select the weapon to fire, and toggle Master Arm on/off. I am working on a number of external stores for the EF-2000, including ASRAAM, AMRAAM, AARGM, IRIS-T, GBU-16 PAVEWAY II, LITENING III/AF laser designation pod, and either the Taurus or Storm Shadow stand-off cruise missile. I'll also add a sensor pod with FOV zoom levels, and a number of sensor modes (DTV, LLTV, FLIR) and tracking modes (rate/point/feature) for engaging targets. Also, expect the MiG-29 and a few other aircraft to be upgraded with the same systems, and of course the AH-64 Apache Longbow! :D

bongodriver, would you be able to add the BONE_stations to the package when you have some time? It will make it profoundly easier for me, because currently I had to guess the locations of each station to set the position of each object when it is loaded, which is not optimal and makes the system far more complex than it needs to be. Also, it is more difficult for me to set the rotation of each store, so as you see in the videos, they are not aligned correctly. Each BONE_station_## can be rotated in model so stores are automatically mounted at the correct angle.

Regards,
Uriah

bongodriver

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2016, 05:32:30 am »

Yes, when I find a bit of time the first job will be to add the bones.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2016, 05:44:35 am »

Awesome thanks! :D

HiFlyer

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2016, 09:37:16 am »

We desperately need an external camera that banks with the planes........

And eventually a fly-by camera and then a..........  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

josem75

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2016, 05:58:04 pm »

Awesome thanks! :D

What?? Launching missiles, Smoke, In outerra?? :-o .. So you have early acces to the next update. Well its normal because you are working in things of it. 
Looks so amazing seeing this in Outerra.  Then i hope soon we will be able to have more effects into Planes engines, smoke in drifting cars, etc..

I love this plane.. It would be great make a complete plane from this, with the inside systems etc.  I know its dificult because we dont have the cockpit unfortunatelly and dont know how this would be solved.

I only miss the music in your EF2000 videos.. The original music from that game 20 years ago..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:12:50 pm by josem75 »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2016, 06:09:34 pm »

Hi,

I believe the current smoke effects are temporary, and from what I understand there will be an optimized particle system that will replace the current one.

Best regards,
Uriah

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2016, 09:28:11 pm »

nice work!
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

zzz

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2016, 11:56:05 am »

So the missiles & smoke are for an upcoming version, not doable in the current public release?

SteelRat

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2016, 12:48:20 pm »

Hi Uriah!

You can provide information as to create smoke effects?

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2016, 08:25:34 pm »

Sorry, I've been too busy to respond.

As I said above, these smoke effects are temporary, and from what I understand Outerra will release a particle system in the future. There is a serious performance impact with the smoke seen in these videos, which is not acceptable for public release at this time. Sorry, that's all I know... please don't hate me!  :D

Regards,
Uriah

HiFlyer

« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:43 pm »

Sorry, that's all I know... please don't hate me!  :D

Regards,
Uriah

He led us on!!!! GET HIM!!!!!

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Uriah

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2016, 08:38:18 pm »

Arrrrr...  Hang him!!!!  >:(

Wait, wait... no!  :))

FarlanderMiG

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2016, 07:23:09 pm »

I don't know man... The modding you do seem like witchcraft to me...

Burn him!!

No, seriously. Great work! You are keeping my hope up that one day, this might replace DCS or any other flight sim we have today.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6