Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Bridges?  (Read 2852 times)

HiFlyer

Bridges?
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:52:33 am »

With the talk of using vector data for lakes and maybe building placement using things like osm, I wonder how an engine like Outerra will handle bridges, especially across large gaps.

It's hard to imagine Outerra automatically creating the Golden Gate Bridge, for instance. Or something like the Hoover dam with that drivable roadway across the top. Or things like roads passing each other at different heights like overpasses or cloverleafs.

Has any thought been given to this type of thing and how it might be handled?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Bridges?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:29:32 am »

Has any thought been given to this type of thing and how it might be handled?

Well, they wrote a time ago, whyle talking about road-data to include some tool for bridge-creation for highways and ridges/rivers - still, some collision mesh capability for objects will be needed and a procedural tool to make them enough flexible and functional in right way. But Weather and some biome up-work is their focus for some time at now. So dont worry, they got their mind up on them too, just has be done step by step.  ;)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.