Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: next car game physics  (Read 4587 times)

M7

next car game physics
« on: March 14, 2014, 09:57:27 am »

Found this video about a new car game in pre-alpha pretty similar to BeamNG. The physics looks quite interesting, as expected cars gets smashed into bits but more interestingly, static objects as well. The demolition physics for static objects looks a bit weird   but at least they have one.

This another interesting video of the BeamNG engine showing how it could apply to flying stuff.

Jagerbomber

Re: next car game physics
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 05:30:34 pm »

I have both of those, and there's a thread on BeamNG (Drive).

NCG is a lot of fun, however when parts stop working isn't realistic, but still... a hell of a lot of fun.  I can't wait for multiplayer... if vehicle sync doesn't spaz out because of lag...  Oh and soon they're going to hopefully add more thud to vehicle impacts, which it really needs.   8)

Haven't tried BeamNG in a while.  It's pretty cool and is trying a more technical approach to vehicle handling/tires/suspension.  My problem with the original couple/few vehicles is that, yes they're trying to have simulation and traction for all 4 tires, but on the first vehicles, the tires bounce rapidly like a racquetball under your hand, which causes them to lose traction.  But it's improved with newer vehicles.  Looks like I gotta try it again...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:32:31 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 07:47:31 pm »

I already have BeamNG (Drive) and that tech-demo is awesome.

This Next Car Game looks just as great and too be honest has some better environmental test obstacles by the look of it. It absolutely destroys the cars. Also that guy hosting that you-tube video, what a funny guy man -that guy cracks me up.
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

M7

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:38:20 pm »

What caught most my attention, is the physic in real time and mesh deformation with the destructable buildings in the next car game . It looked kind of weird and a bit canny  in the tech demo but still quite interesting for what the next level of physics based game might look like.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 12:07:23 am »

I just bought the game earlier and got twos versions of the game. The sneak peek tech demo which was show in the video, I just spent over an hour playing it and its absolutely awesome!!!!

Still downloading the other version which I think is an early beta of the actual game. Cant wait till I get it to try it out.
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 02:13:01 am »

The actual game (early access version) is alot more entertaining. You have a choice of three cars and four race environments. A demolition derby arena, a figure of 8 race track inside an arena, a tarmac race track and a gravel race track.

There are also a lot more views like in-car view, bonnet view and bumper view. A rear-view is also provided which is great for demolition derbys as with alot of damage up front it is necessary to drive backwards to keep further damage to the rear.

In a lot of ways this game is better then BeamNG but that might just be because it seems further developed or more functional. Either way both Next Car Game and BeamNG Drive are awesome examples of modern day car racing and the damage technology which is being implemented within them - something we all have probably been dreaming about for years.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:15:10 am by PaulMoffat »