Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: How to correct orientation + scale after import?  (Read 5073 times)

cshiel

How to correct orientation + scale after import?
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:12:48 am »

I import a model but the scale and orientation is wrong, how do I change it in Outerra?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: How to correct orientation + scale after import?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:25:03 am »

I import a model but the scale and orientation is wrong, how do I change it in Outerra?

Y-axe is heading front and Z is heading up. You have to check the model, if its in these directions right-set. Also, if you work whyte Blender, the workspace-grid is consistent whyte 1 meter. (... but here is a way to scale it in importer too)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

zzz

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 06:59:03 am »

You can (temporarily) change orientation using the I, J and K keys. Click the Help button on the Objects menu for details.

To permanantly change it you must change the mesh in an editor and then re-import the model. 3ds Max has arrows on all its viewports stating what direction the object is facing and allows you to set the units mof measurement.

cshiel

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:59 am »

Is there an example dae file to see how its setup properly?

M7

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:45:24 am »

Which 3d program do you use?

PytonPago

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 12:01:08 pm »

Is there an example dae file to see how its setup properly?

M7 wanted some stuff from me a while ago ... you can check the files here (dont worry, my stuff is freeware you can play whyte it as much as you like - also outdated a bit already) - hope it helps in all things you seek.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGT1c2dktwUUxDNlk/edit
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:02:49 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cshiel

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 12:08:31 pm »

I can import and all that but there's a load of (perhaps meaningless) errors/warnings.

I modify the scale in the DAE, but changing the up_axis to Z or X doesn't fix the orientation.

And so, as suggested I just change the orientation within Outerra instead. 

PytonPago

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »

I can import and all that but there's a load of (perhaps meaningless) errors/warnings.
... just UVs in other location - dont have to mind that (you can add them to the .mtb file manually anyway).

I modify the scale in the DAE, but changing the up_axis to Z or X doesn't fix the orientation.

And so, as suggested I just change the orientation within Outerra instead.

... might be something going on whyte the main mesh pivot point not being right or exported to collada properly. You mind posting a snapshot from engine placement and the 3D software of the model you using ? (whyte the main mesh selected and coordinate axes visible - dont have to if its some secret doe or send it just in PM)