Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bismark  (Read 64890 times)

M7

Re: Bismark
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2014, 11:38:25 am »

OK Here the FBX made with Max from which i made the last import
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2RGJDWTdfaDduNUE/edit?usp=sharing

Google drive dont seem to work atm so...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/441aj62y0opj164/bismark.fbx
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:53:24 am by M7 »

M7

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2014, 10:36:30 pm »

I tried the Luch script for a turret and it worked but the pivots were effectively the same position as what i see in Max  (nowhere near where i set them in sketchup).

So i'll tried to set the pivots in max, cross finger and reimport.

M7

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 12:19:46 am »

No, it doesnt work, so i'm giving up for now . Here's the sketchup FBX. Maybe in blender you could better fix the origin problem.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2d2w0QkNjd3E5bU0/edit?usp=sharing

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 07:08:20 am »

Is it just the "learning" version of the sketch-up application, or does it not import FBX that it can export ?? ??? Tried to import it to Blender, doe it shows some "ASCII FBX type not supported" problem.  (the second 112 Mb one) ... could you make an Collada export of it ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 10:52:54 am »

Well i'm sure i still have a lot to learn about sketchup but normally i can import most models found on the web. I only encounter this origin problem one other time and it's with another big ship.

I can make a collada but i need to make all component unique first (otherwise it look like crap once imported in outerra). I did it partially and made a quick import and it looks to be ok for the geometry but i might have to redo the texture. And the origin is still away from the ship.

PytonPago

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 11:09:11 am »

ok
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 12:02:45 pm »

Just tried a collada import with the lastest bismark.dae and it look like this in outerra. The texture doesnt show (didnt have the dds done) but some mesh still have some weird rendering on the left side. I probably spent 50 hours to try to fix this kind of things in sketchup when i first download that ship and never found a way around it until i tried to import with an FBX, which instantly worked almost flawlessly ...except for the origin :-(.

Now if you still want to try to do something with it in blender...
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/z9ulufkzpg32n/bismark
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:04:24 pm by M7 »

PytonPago

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2014, 04:44:03 pm »

Its worse than i have thought :

To this i say -- WTSvarogDamnedHellMarchScene is this ?? ???

Firs of all, the basic modeler thing - why to hell do they always keep every single piece of something as a separate mesh whyte an totally UNIDENTIFIABLE NAME ?!?! Second, they dont even synchronize the pivot points to the axe center ( isnt much as a problem, but ... great Svarog ! ).

Yet few things i see is clearly a Sketch-up problem bunch :

Not sure about the sketchUp dynamics but seems like if you do a pre-drawing of a
picture, its somehow is still being visible in an different light spectrum hitting ya eyes whyle looking at it like Donkey-Kong whyte barrels. Only that this has a 3D model version of every pre-drawing brush stroke as separate mesh (those tiny little copies of axles there or whatever they are and import into Blender made them afterwards).

Also, im totally amazed, that a bunch of meshes can have shared vertices. Just looked better at the chain and every eye is a separate mesh but yet, in edit mode, its all of them in one selection, yet all of them have their pre-draws copied as he copied the eyes of it over and over again - the same at everything that was copied or duplicated.

A LOT of meshes havent been submited their transformations (as i wrote a few replies back that hey should after scaling and re-placing of meshes) and im not sure if their so tiny, that even the highest magnification cant find them, or the Collada export (in the way it works) just flushed them away whyle taking on the pre-draws.

... i would not mind the Creators way of modeling much (even if it needs a ton of work to reconfigure the meshes for any use at all - got a de-ja-vu from the M32-Maco there - good it was just a few parts), BUT what TRASH-Objects SketchUp leaves in models and even transforms them to other formats. I cant understand why would someone work whyte that thing !! :O :O :O  Why would someone do this ?  ???

And yet, for some great divine reason, (as you can see in the second image too) some meshes are instance-copyed 10-times over. But no mesh ! Just that ... thing. And it still reacts to it in a way i cant topple at all.

- We had a brief look at the Schrodinger's equations for simple atomic structures whyte quantum physics explained --- i thought i newer be so confused again like at the first lesson of those physics.

I just got slapped it back into my face.

Just ...

... the turrets i still could see, seemed to have their origins right compared to the ship-center pivot, but im damn sure, those trash-things there get the pivots messed up at exporting. Also, placing the model in the absolute zero position would not be bad too.

I must say, im amazed that OT importer did something whyte it at all and didnt freeze. But, now i may know why the first BFX froze on import to Blender, Collada just seems to filter a lot of it away so it somehow maybe got trough - and looks messed up in OT too.

M7

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 06:11:52 pm »

Welcome to my nightmare  ;D

But again, the fbx importer is doing a pretty good job out of this in most cases so i'll just forget about this one and import some other ship for gun animation. I actually found a site that has a few nice models  http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/watercraft

PytonPago

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 06:26:33 pm »

Theres a Kiev ! Nice find indeed ...

... well, guess the Bismark could be done fixed, but i see few days wasted on that model getting to shape ...

M7

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2014, 08:14:51 pm »

I dont think its worth it, but up to you.

Found a nice british battleship King George V class on that site. It has funky colors where there's no texture. Think i messed up in the options when i first opened it.

PytonPago

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2014, 02:02:22 am »

hmm, maybe a vague metallic material texture could fix that quickly ... doe, i tried a lot to attune the color of materials at a time - color charts in RGB are a little off compared to Gimps tables, but you can find a nice enough color to keep stuff whyteout textures too (or combine such areas).

... bad for the Bismark, hope there is some a more up to shape model somewhere. Would be nice to have it here too, especially when camera will be able to be set to mesh-rotations.

M7

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2014, 06:11:44 pm »

I had this idea today to import the bismark directly from a sketchup FBX again.  But this time i would first place the model in sketchup, right where the (fucktup) origin shows in outerra and it worked. It also have a resemblance of a script (took the  turret script  from the Luch) and the thing does move  ... not like it's supposed to but it moves!  ::)

If you could have a look . I dont quite understand how these kind of value works
this.geom.rotate_joint_orig(turret, this.turx.value, {x:1,y:0,z:0});
I just hope the turret pivot dont have to be moved the same way as the origin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2M21seXNvenlGTE0/edit?usp=sharing

PytonPago

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2014, 06:42:06 pm »

.. well see about those pivots ... ill take a look at that.

// edit //

Ah ... you forgot to add a crutial part for the contolls :

Code: [Select]
        //Turret movements

case ATurretX: this.turx.set(v); break;
  case ATurretY: this.tury.set(v); break;

... put those into the "action section" right into the switch-function.
Also, i noticed, you may have bad mesh-names defined for the turret and gun - check the :

Code: [Select]
  var geom = this.get_geomob(0);
  turret = geom.get_joint('turret');
  mantlet = geom.get_joint('mantlet');
  barrel = geom.get_joint('barrel');

... in the " " should be the mesh name for the turret and gun (use the mantlet for the gun, the barrel one is at this time unnecessary (will be probably used for back-slash animation - you can delete that line))

-- as for the values - first one is the mesh that will be rotated, the second (" this.turx.set(v)") tells how many radians it should turn (defined in the switch trough the integrator as some value of the key-bind). Then are the axes of the pivot points - there you choose around witch axe it rotates (0 - no rotation, 1 - rotation, -1 - opposite direction rotation)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:18:59 pm by PytonPago »

M7

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2014, 09:00:51 pm »

Not sure which version you checked, but the js file that i used in that last version look like this...attachment

i just found out that what i thought was the genuine origin was not. Watched a tutorial video about axes and found out that origin pivot could be moved and reset. So i tried a reset and it falled at the spot it was supposed to be from the beginning :-[
So everything work pretty much as suppose to, except for the pivot of the turret and gun which seems to be stucked at origin.

There must be something that i cant figure out yet about pivot in sketchup
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:46:03 pm by M7 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6