Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Bismark  (Read 64863 times)

M7

Bismark
« on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:09 am »

Here's the Bismark. It's a pretty big model, 800000 faces that i download from sketchup 3d warehouse. The author's nicknamed is Corporal. I also added the seaplane Adaro AR 196 (Neil Wilson is the author of this one).

edit: last modified april 4th
-Gun turrets 380mm animation with 280 degree rotation range.
-Gun turrets 150mm animation (need to add a separate key)
-engine sound (getting an sound_loop error but it still work)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2UFAwV0V3OU9meTA/edit?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:50:29 am by M7 »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Bismark
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:11:24 am »

She's a big girl. This needs the turrets controllable and fire-able. Automatically double OT sales.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 12:51:46 pm »

Yeah i should be able to animate at least one turret/gun. What id like to do is have 2 gun tower move in sync with one command button. Pyton seems to think its not possible atm.

Looking forward for the time where we could use it to reshape the shoreline with craters

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:25:36 pm »

Yeah i should be able to animate at least one turret/gun. What id like to do is have 2 gun tower move in sync with one command button. Pyton seems to think its not possible atm.

Looking forward for the time where we could use it to reshape the shoreline with craters

... well, you can use multiple guns whyte the same control (just add rotation scripts whyte other turret parts to it - doe, must figure out some limitations, so they dont go into the kitchen whyte the barbells if ya want to use back and front turrets at the same time :D ) - the long write was about trying to get them turning separately via an additional key-bind to be able to turn each gun on its own not depending on others (only, that there is a limited keyboard tastature for vehicles at time) ... sorry if misled ya there somehow ...   

P.S.: Nice ship build there by Corporal, had it once as physical model too. Cant much coment on the political scene then, but its crew fought well and to bitter end. Also, we need now the crew cat - Oscar ! :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Planets

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:10:48 am »

Oh this is glorious, is it easy to get SketchUp models imported into Outerra?

I'm having a blast with it now, thanks.

Feels almost like Battlefield 1942

PytonPago

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 03:38:32 am »

There was someone angering you put at that shoreline, did there ? :D :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 04:35:33 am »

Feels almost like Battlefield 1942

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. Need to find an engine sound for it.

Sketchup models can be fairly easy to export/ import when using the FBX importer. Unfortunatly , you'll need the Pro version for that. With the sketchup collada export option, it can be a nightmare as it can go smooth. Some weird stuff can happen, like with components, Outerra importer doesn't deal well with these where the FBX have no trouble. Sketchup models can have nice details but are usually poorly textured and often not at all. It's fine for stuff that look like new and shiny like cars.

For the Bismark i spent quite of bit of time trying to use the collada export/import (but that never worked) adding some basic textures, reversing faces etc... I have a couple more sketchup WW2 era battleships (from France, Japan, England) that i want to import. Should be able to import them faster this time.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 08:45:10 am »

You since Games - warmonger!  :P ;D ;)

@M7

nice ship modell, thx!
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 12:24:05 pm »

You re-imported the model with the guns turned? I am so confused!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 12:31:39 pm »

Those are some of the lower caliber side canon-turrets for intercepting smaller frigates and gunboats ... (see the upper part of the cannons ? There is a bulged space for the crew).

M7

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 04:08:03 pm »

You since Games - warmonger!  :P ;D ;)

Well ever since i came across the WW2online MMO in 2001, i got hooked on the idea of one battleground for a combined arms simulation in ww2 era. Just wish something like this would see the day using the Outerra engine.

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »

My upper post was anyhow a fun. ;)
And, yes, your idea I agree.Interest me, however, more to the aircraft.
But to complete around whole one, one needs yet the HMS Hood, as an opponent to the Bismark.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 05:09:59 pm by Revolver »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

Planets

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 09:17:15 pm »

There was someone angering you put at that shoreline, did there ? :D :D :D

A little bit of shore bombardment to liven up the island 8)

You re-imported the model with the guns turned? I am so confused!

Oh I wish I could, with such speed, but alas those are just the starboard guns!

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. Need to find an engine sound for it.

Sketchup models can be fairly easy to export/ import when using the FBX importer. Unfortunatly , you'll need the Pro version for that. With the sketchup collada export option, it can be a nightmare as it can go smooth. Some weird stuff can happen, like with components, Outerra importer doesn't deal well with these where the FBX have no trouble. Sketchup models can have nice details but are usually poorly textured and often not at all. It's fine for stuff that look like new and shiny like cars.

For the Bismark i spent quite of bit of time trying to use the collada export/import (but that never worked) adding some basic textures, reversing faces etc... I have a couple more sketchup WW2 era battleships (from France, Japan, England) that i want to import. Should be able to import them faster this time.

Wow that's more complicated than I imagined it being, I still don't fully understand importing into Outerra, in fact I thought I had the link to download Collada 1.4 but it seems to be a dead end, for now I'm just trying to read up on all the info given previously so I can understand the process better.

But yeah I would love to see some English Battleships like the Warspite or Nelson class perhaps, that would be cool. Also I wonder if perhaps it may be possible to import warship add-on models from Virtual Sailor 7 perhaps? Don't know if its possible though, but there are some great fairly detailed battleship mods for it like HMS Dreadnought, Warspite, King George V etc located here, http://library.qualitysimulations.com/browse.php?cat=5

PytonPago

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:36 am »

Also I wonder if perhaps it may be possible to import warship add-on models from Virtual Sailor 7 perhaps? Don't know if its possible though, but there are some great fairly detailed battleship mods for it like HMS Dreadnought, Warspite, King George V etc located here, http://library.qualitysimulations.com/browse.php?cat=5

... all seem to have an .skp file in a folder there in models. Should be opened by sketch-up. Not sure of the texture res., some may need better there. Not registered on that site, but it looks that contacting the model-builder may be a little problem doe. (you should at least let them know)

M7

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 03:57:52 am »

I checked and they have a .skp file but it's just the basic hull, not the whole model geometry. The model itself seems to have the .xx entension

My upper post was anyhow a fun. ;)
And, yes, your idea I agree.Interest me, however, more to the aircraft.
But to complete around whole one, one needs yet the HMS Hood, as an opponent to the Bismark.

No good model of the HMS Hood  on sketchup warehouse :-(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6