Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Bismark  (Read 65061 times)

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
Re: Bismark
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 12:52:13 pm »

Now, I also do not have the HMS Hood, but I have the KJM Yamato.
If you need him, I can give you the ship model.

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

M7

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 01:23:30 pm »

I already have nice models of the Haruna, the Ise and a submarine ,the Yamoto would be a nice addition indeed!  Is it in sketchup format?

Revolver

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 05:30:46 pm »

I already have nice models of the Haruna, the Ise and a submarine ,the Yamoto would be a nice addition indeed!  Is it in sketchup format?

No, not a sketchup but in a (max), (fbx) or (obj).I work with 3DMax.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

Revolver

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »

a-pro-po Navy.Here the stupid US Navy are vs. Spain.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151689407407730
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

M7

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 10:47:10 pm »

Max is good. You modeled it yourself? It's a very nice model!

Revolver

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 05:12:52 pm »

Max is good. You modeled it yourself? It's a very nice model!

I am back. No, I have not made them. It is from Free3D pages. I am interested more
for airplanes.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2014, 02:10:33 am »

... I am interested more for airplanes.

You still need some targets out there, cant just ignore all those aerial torpedoes in the hangar. And what a flight above the La-Manch canal would it be whiteout a proper friendly bullet-barrage from an battle-cruiser ? :D :D

Would you mind to share the bismark 3d model ? Would like to look at the turrets.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 03:42:09 am »

... I am interested more for airplanes.

You still need some targets out there, cant just ignore all those aerial torpedoes in the hangar. And what a flight above the La-Manch canal would it be whiteout a proper friendly bullet-barrage from an battle-cruiser ? :D :D

Would you mind to share the bismark 3d model ? Would like to look at the turrets.

He-he, du Witzbold. ;D ;D Nö, hab nüscht dagegen was selbst zu versenken bzw. aus paar mächtigen Geschützen auf irgendwas zu feuern. ;) 

p.s. aber zuerst mal die Focke auf die Beine bekommen.Das ist das Hauptziel!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:44:26 am by Revolver »

PytonPago

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2014, 04:28:18 am »

He-he, du Witzbold. ;D ;D Nö, hab nüscht dagegen was selbst zu versenken bzw. aus paar mächtigen Geschützen auf irgendwas zu feuern. ;) 

p.s. aber zuerst mal die Focke auf die Beine bekommen.Das ist das Hauptziel!

Ja, ich muss nen Schuss-ziel mit meinem foto machen ...  ;D

Und den Mechaniker-simulator ! :D :D ... halte beide Daumen auf den Fusen fur die Focke !

( Yes, i should make an practice-target whyte my photo on it ... ;D
 And the Mechanic-sim ! :D :D ... hold my foot fingers for your Focke to get done ! ) - just for non-german speakers discrimination. ;)

P.S.: - whyte the model, i just wanted to make sure the guns are set properly whyte the gun-mesh-origins and see the names for them for the script - will try to get the multiple turret handling get working, if it can work how i imagine it. Doe its true, that such big things would probably need something like a vehicle white-in vehicle structure, so you could get into the turret by approaching it and taking over manually that way. (also controls would be just the same). Doe, also, i just thought, maybe we could use a script, that would swap the rotation-scripts for the turret and its guns, so that each time you hit "o" you would control another turret ... hmmm. That might be much better than my previous idea. - something like the counter i have on the grad for firing and hiding rockets, just each number would set a different turret (mesh-rotation script) to be used by the turret-movement script. Setting the XY-rotation values as variable, that will be determined separately for each and changing it for the actual gun trough the number. I have to try that ... this baby deserves this.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:46:11 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 11:19:49 am »

I think will try to set pivot properly and have turret mesh identified in max before giving you a FBX, cause i want to try to uv unwrap (an automatic one, just to make an occlusion map) and i want to avoid having to merge 2 differents versions later on.

But i'm quite curious what you could come up for the script si i'll try to get you a pivot ready version quickly.

PytonPago

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 03:00:35 pm »

I think will try to set pivot properly and have turret mesh identified in max before giving you a FBX, cause i want to try to uv unwrap (an automatic one, just to make an occlusion map) and i want to avoid having to merge 2 differents versions later on.

But i'm quite curious what you could come up for the script si i'll try to get you a pivot ready version quickly.

... just for script purposes, didnt want to do any changes in model itself, but i didnt know you havent looked on their status yet. Just test some approaches, whyle hawing less work to bringing it to the final Bismark vehicle script. (yes, its a heavy thing merging two versions, had to do it once - no more for me aether).
   Would be great to name the guns some generic way. (BigG01-04, LowG01-25, AAG01-15) and their barrels the same whyte a index (BigG03b). Makes scripting much easier.

... hmm, i hope i can get that lady dance properly - will be perfect for screen-shooting. Also, when camera will be able to be fixed to mesh-rotation, i could add a "follow canon" cam. :D

M7

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 02:17:35 am »

Ok i updated the bismark otx on first page with these bones. Didn't made a barrel bone.

380mmTurret4
380mmGun4
380mmTurret3
380mmGun3
380mmTurret2
380mmGun2
380mmTurret1
380mmGun1

3propeller
1propeller
2propeller

rudder_left
rudder_right

150mmTurretLeft3
150mmGunLeft3
150mmTurretLeft2
150mmGunLeft2
150mmTurretLeft1
150mmGunLeft1
150mmTurretRight3
150mmGunRight3
150mmTurretRight2
150mmGunRight2
150mmTurretRight1
150mmGunRight1

1  mean it's the front gun/turret, 4  it's  at the back of the ship.

Not sure if the pivots has transfer well from sketchup -> max -> Outerra. Somethings tell me it may not cause in max their position seems different. I had to edit them in sketchup cause when I tried to do it in max , half the mesh would disapear once in outerra. Also the plane is out for now.

Probably better to try make a script for one turret first to find out if pivots are where they're supposed to.

PytonPago

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 03:06:56 am »

... are all modifications applied ? ... know in blender, if you parent after stretching things in object mode, you have to select an "keep transformation" option, to not get to their previous scale and pivot placing. Some models from the net (also the Maco) are kept that way and can happen, that the importer get the previous scale and placing (often tiny as hell) cause the export doesnt take the changes ...

M7

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 03:38:42 am »

Yes its a new file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96RrTcNJsI2Q0hyVFJ4Zldic2c/edit?usp=sharing

I did all the parenting and pivots in sketchup. But like i said, in max i dont see the groups and pivots looks to be only for mesh.

I see no other way to find out than making a quick script for one turret and see if it turns like suppose to.

PytonPago

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 04:02:27 am »

Has to be some hide/show origins option somewhere ... you may look at it trough blender too if something, if you just need to check and/or export it to Collada/FBX. I throw a little look at it, when im on OT.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6