Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Bismark  (Read 64871 times)

thx_nb

Re: Bismark
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2014, 06:29:29 am »

Very nice!
How do I actually rotate the turret after selecting one with the AUX2 key?

M7

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2014, 08:11:41 am »

Well you need to use turrets rotaton keys. In the control/vehicle option,  you can set keys for turrets rotation .

thx_nb

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2014, 08:20:15 am »

Well you need to use turrets rotaton keys. In the control/vehicle option,  you can set keys for turrets rotation .

Ah, missed those for some reason. Thanks.

M7

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2014, 09:34:33 am »

Very well! I am glad very much that they make what new and interesting for the OT-Community together. If they wanted, I could help for them with the Texturing. In addition I need only the UVW-Mapps...of course if they wanted it themselves... ;)

I thought for a moment to do uvw map for the bismark. Would be nice to have the ship fully textured but it take so much time to make them especially with a ship this complex.  :'(

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2014, 04:32:41 pm »

Very well! I am glad very much that they make what new and interesting for the OT-Community together. If they wanted, I could help for them with the Texturing. In addition I need only the UVW-Mapps...of course if they wanted it themselves... ;)

I thought for a moment to do uvw map for the bismark. Would be nice to have the ship fully textured but it take so much time to make them especially with a ship this complex.  :'(

... it isnt complex - its just being importing unfriendly.  --- Damned anarchy modellers ...   ;D  ;D  ;D (lot of the model things had to be joined, duplicate-verts deleted, faces inverted, re-split and renamed and re-checked in OT a lot - i tryed the Kyev aircraft carier from the site the bismark was, did let it fall after two days wasted returning to mine works. Some of such models seeem to be faster re-modeled from scratch as to be salvaged from their states. - Maybe that why they are free to use in softwares(on many of such 3D modell sites), cause there is a lot consistency work needed to it.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 04:34:23 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DesertDrydock

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2014, 03:11:32 pm »

Hello M7, sorry for replying to an old post but I would like to know the frame rates you are getting with the Bismark model in the simulation.

Thanks DD

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2014, 04:46:05 pm »

BISMARK! Time to load it up with ambient occlusion!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2014, 08:03:27 pm »

I'm getting around 30 fps with the bismark and 50+ without. Ao dont seems have much impact on framerate but Shade on the model looks much better now.

DesertDrydock

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2014, 09:35:35 pm »

Thanks M7
  That's awesome, I have a lot of LOD models specifically designed for simulation (careful and methodical polygon placement) that I want to test in Outerra.  It looks like an exceptional test platform for what is coming in the future.

Do you have any fresh screen shots?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:54:42 pm by DesertDrydock »

M7

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2014, 10:33:39 pm »

Looking forward to see your models. Always nice to see pros bring in their toys ;D

I took this pic with AO at medium. AO really help with this kind of model, when there's lots of shapes of the same color and no baked AO.

DesertDrydock

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2014, 11:26:54 pm »

Thanks! The shadow quality is excellent. Are the textures yours and what is their resolution? I have a suggestion if you want it on crisping up your border shadows.  Also do you have a screen shot or two of the wire frame? I'm betting the original modeler wasn't is a simulation state of mind when he built the model. You can probably reduce the poly count by 50 + % if you want. But it's a great model...

DD

bomber

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2014, 07:04:16 am »

What level of desire, capability do we have here for naval warfare ?

I have the complete kreigsmarine fleet, all varients, sub's n even aircraft carrier for a flight sim ie  low poly..on my hard drive somewhere.. Some are textured, others not but if there's anyone looking to work on 'targets' for a torpedo run in a swordfish... Which we can also lay our hands on...

I could give you a leg up.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2014, 08:01:03 am »

What level of desire, capability do we have here for naval warfare ?

I have the complete kreigsmarine fleet, all varients, sub's n even aircraft carrier for a flight sim ie  low poly..on my hard drive somewhere.. Some are textured, others not but if there's anyone looking to work on 'targets' for a torpedo run in a swordfish... Which we can also lay our hands on...

I could give you a leg up.

... OT renders the entire world .... we want models of the entire human history build !!! ...  ;D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2014, 06:46:27 pm »

feel free
:)

M7

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2014, 07:30:31 pm »

I did the textures but it's very basic. It's all tile textures no UV so there are not very big. I 'm sure the model was never meant to end up in a game engine. It's just an outer shell, not intended for a sim.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6