Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bismark  (Read 64866 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Bismark
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2014, 11:53:13 pm »

WHAT IS THAT INSIDE CANON DOING THERE ?  :o
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2014, 12:13:28 am »

That's the sketchup file, remember in order to have the turret rotating  i had to export fbx to Max cause sketchup axis were all default to origin once in FBX format. So I had to put all turrets at origin before exporting (middle of the hull)

HiFlyer

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2014, 04:11:55 am »

WHAT IS THAT INSIDE CANON DOING THERE ?  :o

Its the wave motion gun.  :D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Planets

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2014, 10:23:15 pm »

I actually found a site that has a few nice models  http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/watercraft

Holy crap. Where has this site been all my life.

I think I just got newfound inspiration to try and import these into Outerra, at least as static vessels, that someone else could make driveable if they wanted.

I had a ton of frustration with Blender and other modelling programs trying to export correctly and import a bunch of Star Wars models into Outerra so I gave up on that. Almost thought I gave up entirely on importing models but holy crap this site, I just have to try again now  ;D

There's just SO MANY SHIPS!  :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:41:49 am by Planets »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2014, 02:43:23 am »

Just wait till you plan to make some scripted animations ...  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

M7

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2014, 08:07:20 am »

Also with the incoming collision mesh, we could have aircraft carriers and  land planes on them :-)

Planets

« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2014, 09:44:44 am »

Just wait till you plan to make some scripted animations ...  :D

hmm, like say, oars rowing?

that would be cool for the triremes, maybe even somehow import the sound of the oarsmen from Total War: Rome II...

but for now I'll just try to actually successfully import the models first.

HiFlyer

« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2014, 10:16:42 am »

It would also be nice to have even some rudimentary pathing AI. even if only predetermined point to predetermined point, so ships could have routes.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Planets

« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2014, 11:46:39 am »

Ooh thats a good idea.

Imagine sailing off with a fleet of triremes across the Aegean, or building a small port town and having ships regularly dock, stay at anchor, sail off again, etc. Would add some nice dynamism.

carbonox infernox

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2015, 08:35:40 pm »

The turrets move fine, but i can't get the guns to fire. I downloaded the bismarck.js file on page 4 and that didn't help.

M7

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2015, 09:49:48 pm »

No cant fire the guns, Outerra doesn't support that yet
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]