Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Weird Lag...  (Read 2772 times)

Fullcupofdirt

Weird Lag...
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:02:59 pm »

I play Outerra commonly, and in the latest update I am getting strange lag whenever I get close to the surface. This has only started happening since the last update. It isn't game breaking, but it is very, very frustrating... Anyone who has any tips or fixes it would be nice to hear them. Still the best looking game, but this is getting too annoying.
GTX 550 Ti, 6 Gigs Ram, i5 Processor. Windows 7.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Weird Lag...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:08:54 am »

How does the lag feel like? Does it show on FPS? (ctrl+F12)
You could try updating your graphics drivers or sending us the eng.log for inspection.

Fullcupofdirt

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

The lag feels maybe... 10-5 fps, but after about 1/2 seconds of being still and looking in one direction, it goes back up to 60 fps. I'll send the log file on Saturday, I've been really busy with school.

Kviki

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:58:24 am »

Today I ran Outerra after a relatively long time, last time it was around the update with 3D grass blades. Back then I did lag around grass, but reducing the distance solved the lag more or less. However, now after a completely fresh install I am getting enormous lags constantly. I changed the settings - removed shadows, changed resolution to 1920x1080-60hz, disabled 3D grass, disabled every single setting I do not need and lags are still there. From space the lags get reduced about 25% but it's still very unplayable.

It could however be my old PC, yet even at every setting reduced to lowest, I think outerra should be playable. Drivers are updated, even windows is newly installed
Geforce GTS 250
AMD athlon II x4 640 3ghz
4gb ram
Win7

eng.log attached.
Help!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 02:48:05 pm »

There's currently a problem with older Nvidia series graphics cards (200 and 8000/9000). Something with the drivers causing an out of memory problem on those cards, even though there's still plenty of GPU memory available. We are trying to figure out what's causing it.