Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: [Released] Basler Turbo BT-67  (Read 111069 times)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
[Released] Basler Turbo BT-67
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:07:34 am »

Hi!
Update:
(March 29, 2014)
  • Sound Improvement:
    Exterior:
      - Engine [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Engine shut down [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Turbo [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Turbo shut down [Left & Right sharing the same sound
      - Blades/Brumble [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Gears [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Flaps [Tweaked Gain]
      - Wind

Interior:
      - Engine [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Engine shut down [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Turbo[Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Turbo shut down [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Blades/Brumble [Left & Right sharing the same sound]  <---- Same sound file used for exterior.
      - Gears [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Flaps
      - Wind
      - Cockpit
  • Opened sunshade.
  • Propeller disks:
    - Blurred disks for low RPM.
    - Blurred disks for high RPM.
  • Minor geometry fixes.
Sound Improvement Video:

Update:
(March 23, 2014)
  • Working instruments:
    - Vertical Speed Indicator [Left & Right side]
    - Airspeed Indicator [Left & Right side]
    - Altimeter [Left & Right side]
    - Altitude Indicator [Left & Right side]
    - Torque [Left & Right engine]
    - Propeller RPM [Left & Right engine]
    - Flap Position Indicator [Left & Right side]
    - Fuel Quantity Indicators [main_left, aux_left, main_right, aux_right, wing_left and wing_right]  Note: Default, all fuel tanks at 50%

• Partially working instruments:
    - HSI (Horizontal Situation Indicator) [Left & Right side]
    - RMI (Radio Magnetic Indicator) [Left & Right side]
    - Turn Indicator [Left & Right side]

• Working console flaps lever.
  • Working brake pedals.
  • Showing the Main page on Garmin 530 and 430 screens.
  • Corrected interior camera position.

Working Instruments Video:

Update: Download incremental Update 03.19.14 (~5 KB)
(March 19, 2014)
  • Fixed stalling engines at around 7000/8000 ft.

Update:
(March 17, 2014)
  • Textures for navigation, communication, autopilot panels/screens.
  • Corrected material ID for yoke's buttons. See here.
  • Corrected smoothing groups.
  • Separate folder for sounds.
  • Updated John514's livery to match the changed .mtl file due to new added textures.
NOTE: You have to download the last version if you want to use the livery posted below.

Update:
(March 16, 2014)
  • Basler Turbo BT-67 released.
  • See features in the video below.

Things to do for the next updates:
  • New variations + liveries.
  • More collision points.
  • Animated doors + stairs.
  • Parking vis/wheel chocks.
Release Video:

User's Repaints/Liveries:

John514:

Instructions:

For users:
How to add new liveries: Just install the .otx file and the livery will be added to the base aircraft.

For designers:
How to prepare the .otx file:

1. Create a folder on the main aircraft directory called "texture.(livery_name)". e.g. "texture.USFS", and place your textures there(usually will be three .dds files: bt67_1_T.dds; bt67_2_T.dds; bt67_4_T.dds).
   Make use of the Normal maps located on (texture.base) folder. These are: bt67_1_T_BUMP.dds; bt67_2_T_BUMP.dds; bt67_4_T_BUMP.dds.
   For spec/roughness maps, use the .dds files from (texture.C-GAWI). These are: bt67_1_T_spec.dds; bt67_2_T_spec.dds; bt67_4_T_spec.dds. I'll move them to (texture.base) in the next update.

Important: Do not copy normal and spec/roughness maps to your folder, let them where they to avoid duplicate files in future. Just include normal and spec/roughness maps in your folder if you made new ones.

2. Make a copy of the existing (C-GAWI.mtl) file, rename it to e.g. (USFS.mtl), and edit the file changing the paths on first three materials (same name as the textures). e.g. from: "./texture.C-GAWI/bt67_1_T.dds" to "./texture.USFS/bt67_1_T.dds"

3. Make a copy of the existing (basler_bt67.objdef) file, rename it to e.g. (USFS.objdef), and edit the file:
   On ("matlib") must be the same name as .mtl file has e.g. ("USFS")
   On ("description") should be like this: ("Basler BT-67 - U.S. Forest Service")  of course , use your livery's name.

4. Take a screenshot of the aircraft with the new repaint, and save it as 64x36 .gif file. The name of the .gif file should be the same as the .objdef and .mtl files. e.g. USFS.gif. Place the .gif file on the main aircraft folder, in the same location as the .mtl and .objdef files are.

5. Create the .otx file and then open it using e.g. WinRar. You should delete anything but:
   - The folder you created: e.g. (texture.USFS)
   - The .mtl file you created: e.g. (USFS.mtl)
   - The .objdef file you created: e.g. (USFS.objdef)
   - The .gif file you created: e.g. (USFS.gif)

6. Send me the .otx file via PM, so I can post it here on the proper section.

And also you may need the paint kit to make life easier: Download

---------------First Post---------------
  A couple years ago when I was playing MS-FSX, I found a very nice detailed freeware aircraft add-on (being freeware I think it's very detailed), which I loved it because I always was a fan of the classic Douglas DC-3.

The Basler Turbo BT-67 is a general-purpose turbo-prop conversion of the classic Douglas DC-3/C-47.

About a week ago, I e-mailed the author of this aircraft and asked for permission to port it in Outerra. So He gave me the permission, and I started working on it.
Many thanks to Manfred Jahn and the team involved in the creation of this aircraft.

The first problem i had was that the Exterior and Interior(the cabin) is modeled separately, and I had to manage that in order to fit both nicely together. So this stage was the most time-consuming (for now), but hopefully I finished that part. I preferred to have the exterior and interior always visible without having to switch between them, I think it looks better to see the real cockpit when you look through the windows (just like the Outerra's Cessna).

Another problem I have is that the gauges like the Navigation and communication panels/screens have Dynamic Textures in FSX(these are composed by one texture for each button/number/separator). I don't know if I'm explaining well.
 - And I have a question for Cameni and/or Angrypig: Can I use the Gauges/panels from Cessna_INT.dds texture instead those "Dynamic Textures"?

I'm not gonna use "Dynamic Textures" (at least for now), because we aren't able to click on the cockpit, for now.

So... I have the model ready for scripting, I think this part will be a nightmare(nor not?) for me because this is my very first vehicle i'm trying to import into Outerra :D

Here you have some pictures:

You will notice that the stairs are there when the doors are closed. I'll fix it when i'll animate the doors, so the stairs only will show when the doors are opened.

And a video showing the aircraft in FSX(Video not mine):

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:31:11 am by Levi »

M7

Re: Basler Turbo BT-67 [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:15:31 am »

That cockpit is amazing.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:32:10 am »

AWESOME!!!!!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 12:01:20 pm »

You could just add 3D gauge-arrows and script their rotation (the angle gauge can be a separate mesh plane whyte the texture rotating accordingly too). Model looks very nice - is there the passenger section modeled too ? would be nice. 
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

angrypig

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »

Another problem I have is that the gauges like the Navigation and communication panels/screens have Dynamic Textures in FSX(these are composed by one texture for each button/number/separator). I don't know if I'm explaining well.
 - And I have a question for Cameni and/or Angrypig: Can I use the Gauges/panels from Cessna_INT.dds texture instead those "Dynamic Textures"?

I'm not gonna use "Dynamic Textures" (at least for now), because we aren't able to click on the cockpit, for now.

Yes you can reuse the texture. For panels like MFDs navigation etc we will have API that will give you ability to render to texture you own images and text.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »

Yes you can reuse the texture. For panels like MFDs navigation etc we will have API that will give you ability to render to texture you own images and text.
Thanks a lot! And great news!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 02:38:40 pm »

You could just add 3D gauge-arrows and script their rotation (the angle gauge can be a separate mesh plane whyte the texture rotating accordingly too). Model looks very nice - is there the passenger section modeled too ? would be nice.
That was my plan too! Because that's how it works on the Cessna if I'm not wrong, but thanks!

Yes, there's a passenger section too, but not as detailed as the cockpit is.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 02:39:03 pm »

That renders beautifully.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »

Hi Levi, Awesome work! I would love to play with the Static model at this stage if you could please make this available? Great work

HiFlyer

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 07:22:13 pm »

Very nice! And now you can work on it to your hearts content without having to worry about copyright issues.  :)

Congratulations and good luck! I look forward to seeing it in Outerra, and also seeing how the program handles twin engines.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 03:02:39 am »

Hi Levi, Awesome work! I would love to play with the Static model at this stage if you could please make this available? Great work

Thanks! Here you go! Mediafire Should I post the static model in the main post too?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 03:09:25 am »

Very nice! And now you can work on it to your hearts content without having to worry about copyright issues.  :)

Congratulations and good luck! I look forward to seeing it in Outerra, and also seeing how the program handles twin engines.

Yep, that's right, no more copyright issues, that feels better honestly.

Thanks! ...and yes, I also want to see how Outerra handles twin engines, I hope all will be alright :)

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 06:28:28 pm »

"Thanks! Here you go! Mediafire Should I post the static model in the main post too?"

Thank you Levi! Amazing stuff. This is why I love this community.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:30:37 pm by soulunite »

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 04:23:26 am »

This aircraft looks absolutely beautiful in engine. I cant wait until it flies. How hard was it to get the materials accurately imported in game. Was their much modification on your end by the Outerra material files?
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 05:33:13 am »

This aircraft looks absolutely beautiful in engine. I cant wait until it flies. How hard was it to get the materials accurately imported in game. Was their much modification on your end by the Outerra material files?
Hi!
It wasn't hard at all to set up the materials. You just have to properly configure the mats in your 3D modeler software, in my case I used Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2014. I edited the .mtl file to change the texture paths (for example: from "tex_albedo" : "bt67_1_T.dds" to "tex_albedo" : "./texture.C-GAWI/bt67_1_T.dds"), make the glass transparent and tuned a little the "Roughness" and "f0" where needed. I used Notepad++ and I did all that using Replace tool, so it was very fast to do.

Materials still need some changes, like adding Normal maps, I must not forget about adding the missing textures for cockpit communication/navigation panels.

The airplane flies now, but I have to tune some settings to make it fly more realistically, of course using real data and measurements :) Also I have to animate the landing gear, and some of the interior elements, and add collision points.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12