Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: [Released] Basler Turbo BT-67  (Read 111071 times)

clawhammer

Re: [Release] Basler Turbo BT-67
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2014, 04:25:36 pm »

Awesome plane!!! Really want to thank you for this! Now to get it over the Himalayas... :)

Anyone up for this? I actually do 3D modeling, but have no time left. Had to draw a line, so I will only enjoy Outerra and not tinker with it. :)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2014, 08:50:46 am »

Wow, this is a very nice plane indeed, and those paintjobs are beautiful. It's easy to fly too.

@Levi, you said you used real measuremens/data. However, when I fly at about 7000/8000 feet it already has lost a lot of its power and starts stalling etc, while the ceiling should be somewhere around 25000 feet, according to its specs. Am I doing something wrong, or did you choose a bit different settings?

Hi!

First of all I want to thank you for the "bug" report.

Here you can see what data I used when I created the .xml files using Aeromatic. .PDF Note that where I left "0 to use estimated value" I didn't found any real info to fill up.

Now the problem you mention above is a bit weird for me. As you can see in the .pdf, The engine is Turboprop. Now, I created the "prop" file for the propellers too, but there's a problem, prop file is somehow not compatible with Turbine Engines, or I simply lack the knowledge on how to make it work together. So later I decided to create Piston Engines in order to use the prop file too, so it worked. But I didn't noticed that the aircraft can't fly above 7000/8000 ft. So I did a research again about this and I figured out that if I want to use Rocket/Turbine/Turboprop engines, I have to use Direct Thrust that creates a pure turbine engine with a thrust table that simulates the turboprop propeller effects.

I tested it and it seems to work nice, and now the aircraft can fly around 25000 ft. I tried to fly above that and it seems to reach even 30000 ft... I have no idea where the top altitude is in FDM files, I think it's located on the tables... I'm not an expert on JSBSim and much less, in fact this is my first time mesing up with this kind of things :D

Thanks again for the report because it helps to improve the dynamics of this beauty and possible future Aircrafts :)

I'll upload the update very soon (15-20 min?)

Cheers!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2014, 08:55:43 am »

Awesome plane!!! Really want to thank you for this! Now to get it over the Himalayas... :)

Glad you enjoy it! and thanks all you guys for the feedback!

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2014, 09:45:32 am »

New update available.
I hope you can reach 25000 ft now :)

thx_nb

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2014, 09:56:23 am »

Hey, thanks voor the quick update. However, after the update I can't start the engines. While it is very peaceful to just glide around in total silence, this is not really the target for this type of plane :).

I've tried to remove the folder and reinstall it, but there seems to be a bug somewhere in the scripts.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2014, 10:00:54 am »

Hey, thanks voor the quick update. However, after the update I can't start the engines. While it is very peaceful to just glide around in total silence, this is not really the target for this type of plane :).

I've tried to remove the folder and reinstall it, but there seems to be a bug somewhere in the scripts.

Damn, let me take a look to the .otx something is wrong there for sure. Btw try to get the incremental update, that should work until I update the main download.

EDIT: Yep, I didn't included the updated .js in the main file, only in the incremental update. My mistake :D Uploaded again. Thank you for reporting :) I appreciate that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:05:05 am by Levi »

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2014, 11:28:48 am »

Anyone up for this? I actually do 3D modeling, but have no time left. Had to draw a line, so I will only enjoy Outerra and not tinker with it. :)

Ahhh! I was making a camo skin! Haw did you  know?
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2014, 04:44:18 pm »

So, rather that trying to please everyone with their "local" militaly colors, I thought that THIS would cover all of us!

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2014, 05:14:03 pm »

OUF - The Outerra United Forces. The only choice when kicking needs to get Earth-scale ... coming fall 2016. (dont forget your popcorn and tissue box - no, they are not included in package)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

clawhammer

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2014, 05:20:55 pm »

Very cool! John, I think we will see it in the next texture pack? :) Cool stuff! I like the idea of OUF.

Btw... indeed 9000 feet was the max.. I lost power and had to walk the Himalayas... Glad that is fixed now! :)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2014, 05:37:27 pm »

We should use the digital camo on the default 8x8. Perhaps a bit darker than it is on there.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

thx_nb

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2014, 05:40:06 pm »

I must say, it would be nice and maybe a bit more realistic if the plane wasn't so shiny, but more matte, especially with the camo.

Don't know much about 3d-modeling and texturing, but would this be hard to accomplish?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2014, 05:56:43 pm »

That first pic gave me chills, Claw....
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

clawhammer

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2014, 06:32:35 pm »

thx_nb, this should be a specular map option? I kind of like it on the first 2 paintjobs, there is a chromatic/anodized feeling to it, and it goes well with a classic plane, but on a Camo version matte paint would be nice.
Jagerbomber: me too! The entire "safe and snugly in a vehicle with bad conditions outside syndrome" is celebrating since I discovered Outerra. :) That is a syndrome right? :D

thx_nb

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2014, 06:37:00 pm »

I agree mostly about the other paintjobs.
I think somebody mentioned before, that with the blank metal-like surface it's nice that it's shiny, but it would give a nice contrast if the colored parts (red/blue) would be more matte.

Still a brilliant plane though, and those images (@clawhammer) are very good.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:53:00 am by thx_nb »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12