Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [Released] Basler Turbo BT-67  (Read 111077 times)

clawhammer

Re: [Release] Basler Turbo BT-67
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2014, 12:06:12 pm »

Levi, don't worry too much about the suncreen! :) I'm enjoying it as is!

Actually the thing I'm looking forward too the most, is letting my mother test out the Rift. (65 years old)

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2014, 12:36:51 pm »

Quick answer without screenshot is that my cockpit has nothing but dark holes where the instruments should be, I only have 1 install of outerra and it all installs to the correct place.
I have no idea where the problem is... But also you can try reinstalling Outera, idk...

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2014, 12:58:47 pm »

Yes it's possible, but I'm using FBX Importer and I have issues with hiding geometries, it doesn't hide the geometry I specify, but a random one... It's weird. Maybe Cameni or Angrypig have a word here, and I hope it will be fixed.
Can you reproduce it on your model on something? Angrypig will take a look ...

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2014, 01:14:13 pm »

Yes it's possible, but I'm using FBX Importer and I have issues with hiding geometries, it doesn't hide the geometry I specify, but a random one... It's weird. Maybe Cameni or Angrypig have a word here, and I hope it will be fixed.

Try checking, what materials are used for that mesh - generally, every mesh of multiple materials will be split into single-material pieces and so it hides only one of them (whyle the names for the other meshes created are unknown to me). You have to aether split it to those material component and hide all of those meshes whyte an separate script, or select a single material for the whole thing.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2014, 01:19:07 pm »

Can you reproduce it on your model on something? Angrypig will take a look ...
Of course, Thanks! I'll send you the files and more info later, because I'm not on the PC right now.

bongodriver

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2014, 01:23:20 pm »

Quick answer without screenshot is that my cockpit has nothing but dark holes where the instruments should be, I only have 1 install of outerra and it all installs to the correct place.
I have no idea where the problem is... But also you can try reinstalling Outera, idk...

OK, so I have figured out my problem, and it seems it may be a problem for Oculus users, the model and instruments all load and work fine when not in oculus mode.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2014, 01:38:20 pm »

OK, so I have figured out my problem, and it seems it may be a problem for Oculus users, the model and instruments all load and work fine when not in oculus mode.
Glad you figured it out! But as you said, now it may be a problem for Oculus users...  I would like to know what can I do to solve this problem... or maybe only Cameni or/and Angrypig can do something to it.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2014, 02:04:04 pm »

Try checking, what materials are used for that mesh - generally, every mesh of multiple materials will be split into single-material pieces and so it hides only one of them (whyle the names for the other meshes created are unknown to me). You have to aether split it to those material component and hide all of those meshes whyte an separate script, or select a single material for the whole thing.
Thanks! I had doubts about this, but now you confirm it. I Definitely use multiple mats on a single mesh, and it seems to split it into material pieces... Would be cool if will hide the whole object instead, so I dont need to have the objects splited into hundreds of meshes. Also if we could hide groups...

professorx

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2014, 04:16:50 pm »

hmmmmm, any idea what went be wrong?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2014, 04:34:07 pm »

hmmmmm, any idea what went be wrong?

Hmm, try to delete the entire folder (basler_bt67), and install the last version again. I think that's a problem about the sounds or something... idk

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2014, 03:11:20 am »

Thanks! I had doubts about this, but now you confirm it. I Definitely use multiple mats on a single mesh, and it seems to split it into material pieces... Would be cool if will hide the whole object instead, so I dont need to have the objects splited into hundreds of meshes. Also if we could hide groups...

Not quite sure, how the materials work (reflections and maybe even UVs placement in the model basis) - maybe its something there limiting this. We need to stick up to this approach it seems for good. Doe, if we knew, what names the importer picks up for those split parts, it would not be much problem. Dont think that it is something generic doe.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:42 am »

Levi, please tell me when you`re going to release another version, I might have something ready by then.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2014, 04:34:03 am »

Levi, please tell me when you`re going to release another version, I might have something ready by then.

I'm not sure when will be the next update, but if you have any repaints ready, I can upload them any time without any problem. The next update won't contain any .mtl changes, so you can make any repaints you want and send them to me.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2014, 04:40:55 am »

wow i'm really impressed. Great job on those instruments. Didn't know you could have a second position (first person view) on a vehicle.

Thanks! The second camera was done using a simple trick, and it was temporal to show the instruments.

Here's the little code I made. It simply set new first person camera position when landing gear is up.

Code: [Select]
if (jsb['gear/gear-pos-norm'] == 1)
    this.set_fps_camera_pos({x:-0.45,y:5.13,z:0.88});
else if (jsb['gear/gear-pos-norm'] == 0)
    this.set_fps_camera_pos({x:0.45,y:5.13,z:0.88});

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2014, 08:51:24 am »

NOTE: The script isn't optimized, and for sure it can be done better. I'm not so good making scripts, so it's opened to any suggestions and changes.

Update:
(March 29, 2014)
  • Sound Improvement:
    Exterior:
      - Engine [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Engine shut down [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Turbo [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Turbo shut down [Left & Right sharing the same sound
      - Blades/Brumble [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Gears [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Flaps [Tweaked Gain]
      - Wind

Interior:
      - Engine [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Engine shut down [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Turbo[Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Turbo shut down [Left & Right with unique sound for each]
      - Blades/Brumble [Left & Right sharing the same sound]  <---- Same sound file used for exterior.
      - Gears [Left & Right sharing the same sound]
      - Flaps
      - Wind
      - Cockpit
  • Opened sunshade.
  • Propeller disks:
    - Blurred disks for low RPM.
    - Blurred disks for high RPM.
  • Minor geometry fixes.
Sound Improvement Video:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12