Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MassEffects M35_Maco  (Read 13961 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
MassEffects M35_Maco
« on: March 15, 2014, 06:07:48 am »

... had a little time to tamper whyte it, so here is the alfa ... there is a lot to change there in acordnance whyte suspension animations. I give there a folder whyte a testing set for the suspension - left-front wheel (the real one used in game physics) is there too, so the work is tampering whyte numbers at the animation script, so it is all the time at the same place as the real wheel.  --- would do it myself, but im rather occupied now, so if anyone wants to play a little, its open for ya, as the model in blender file format and its textures too. Also sounds need to be added - need to find some real ME sounds for that gun and engine.

Download here :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGa0ZwQ0d4UmF6aVk/edit?usp=sharing

P.S.: - got the feeling it jumps around violently like in real ME. :D :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:15:57 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
Re: MassEffects M35_Maco
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:11:23 am »

Lol omg what is that? It looks like a mini spaceship on wheels :-)

Cheers PytonPago ill definitely try this out

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:44:15 am »

lol yeah... Make sure to make it extra bouncy.  ;D
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

professorx

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »

Okay. So I've seen several people in here making this mistake, Including cameni.
Not sure if english is not your first language. Whyte is a last name, I think you guys mean to spell, "With".
Just a heads up.

PytonPago

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 06:40:44 pm »

Okay. So I've seen several people in here making this mistake, Including cameni.
Not sure if english is not your first language. Whyte is a last name, I think you guys mean to spell, "With".
Just a heads up.

... Ive been sticking around that word forewer ... you cant change and old dogs habbit. :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 05:32:19 am »

I've not seen anyone but Pyton using it, and he's an old dog that has it now trademarked :)
But I would eat pig's hat if I used that anywhere else but way back in the post wondering if Pyton was learning Welsh or something ;)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 10:13:49 am »

But I would eat pig's hat if I used that anywhere

Hmm....

Simon says... Use "whyte" in a sentence.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 02:54:42 am »

now whyte would I use that in a sentence?  :P
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

Planets

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 10:31:28 am »

This is proper awesome Pyton! Thing is I can't seem to get it working. I downloaded it and installed the addon with the .otx file but it won't show up in game! It's in C:Users/(name)/Outerra/Packages folder though just like every other mod that I have, so I can't figure out why it won't show up in game. Any ideas? Really want to test this out, also you made it drivable as well? Wow that's awesome.  8)

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 10:42:08 am »

This is proper awesome Pyton! Thing is I can't seem to get it working. I downloaded it and installed the addon with the .otx file but it won't show up in game! It's in C:Users/(name)/Outerra/Packages folder though just like every other mod that I have, so I can't figure out why it won't show up in game. Any ideas? Really want to test this out, also you made it drivable as well? Wow that's awesome.  8)

... has it extracted the zip-file there ? Try to check if it doesnt extract for some reason in the Program Files folder Antenworld folder. If it isnt neither, just rename the .otx for .zip and extract it to the proper folder manually, doe, i tried out the package.  --- I must say once i had a wierd bug doing such a thing but whyte the importer (just didnt re-import the stuff, whyle leaving the old one no matter, that i deleted the data from the packages folder - but that was something whyte version-misworking stuff (had to reinstall OT then) ).

Planets

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 06:33:13 pm »

Sorry for late reply, sadly I tried all of that you said but still can't get it to show ingame, it's weird everything else does except for your mod  :(
I put the folder and files in the program files directory and the user directory via otx file but no change.

EDIT: Nevermind I think I got it partially working, I just imported the .dae myself using the ingame importer, problem is no textures are showing and it won't move, having never before used the importer really I think it's just something wrong on my end though. Well at least the model itself is in the game.

As object, no textures.

And this is when spawning it from vehicle menu, no movement or textures, and I get this error message, but its a start.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:54:07 pm by Planets »

PytonPago

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 02:41:44 am »

Thats ... odd. I tested the file on three PC when i uploaded it. Now after that time doesnt show even for me in OT. :O :O I will make a repack as soon as i can, doe, i have no idea why it does this.

----

In the .js file, you choose the coordinate of the wight center - but it doesnt.

The importer just ads the model itself, textures were probably not transfered or written in the .mtl file. Try now manually copy into the directory only the .js file, .mtl file and the .dds textures ...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 02:48:19 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 03:22:07 am »

Edited first post - try the package now. ... i really dont know what went wrong there, cause putting it into the package/sername/ directory didnt work, but after a re-import, all .mtl .objdef and .js worked after rewriting them. -- odd thing, as if the modelfile gone corrupted and OT just ignored it cause of it.  :-\

Planets

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 08:27:42 pm »

Hahah! Yes! Thanks! That worked, perfectly, the textures are in, and its fully controllable now.

The only issue is that if the wheel turns to it its limit it impacts the edges of the hull and the whole thing stops dead real quick so turning is a matter of turning it to just before it contacts and then letting go of the key so the wheel resets and then doing it over again. Also it has quite a bit of tendency to roll over on non-flat terrain and is a bit low in grip but otherwise it' perfect, thank you so much for actually putting it in Outterra, I can't think of a cooler vehicle to explore the surface with, feels almost just like Mass Effect  8)

By the way do you know how I can remove the error message box, or stop it from showing up?

EDIT: Nevermind, the key to turn off the console is P but I'm getting a constant stream of errors so it won't work lol, happens to me with some other vehicles too.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:56:09 pm by Planets »

PytonPago

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 11:30:37 am »

I haven't done much to the script - at all. So the steer angle isn't fit - suspension and power out of balance and no engine sound (that's the error in the console). You can play around it as much as you want - model isn't mine, as maybe said, from SketchUP database, doe the creator had a line saying to be free usable if non-profit, so you can Blender/3DSMax it out too if ya like.

Pages: [1] 2