Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: It's the Moon.  (Read 5782 times)

zzz

It's the Moon.
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:00:47 am »

https://www.mediafire.com/?w0vjm1a69a92y3x

A quick and dirty port of this model.

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/moon-17150.html

Pics:
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=718.msg26918#msg26918

To place the moon accurately, first zoom into part of the ground in object mode and click to place the origin marker. Save this position in Outerra as the moon model will only spawn when this ground texture is at its highest LoD. Then switch on the HUD and go vertically upwards until your altitude reads 3.84e7. Rotate the camera so your are orientated 90 degrees ("level heading" if you were on the ground. The HUD has a bar every 90 degrees to help you. Click "Place" and then draw your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen. Press V and draw the cursor upwards and the Moon should rise level with you.

kwise

Re: It's the Moon.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:28:08 am »

Um.... a little help here?  I lost the moon on placement and found it a couple days later... a bit closer than I wanted it.  Now I can't get any object lines around it to either move or delete it to try again.. I didn't get the exact spot location saved, but am close.   Any help would be really appreciated.

zzz

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:54:59 am »

Best to delete your objects cache folder to remove all static objects.

kwise

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:04:27 pm »

Thank You!  I will try this after work today!

professorx

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:31:52 pm »

Best to delete your objects cache folder to remove all static objects.
Or just delete the file and rename the otx and install.
not sure if this will work but I don't see why it wouldn't

kwise

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:42:41 am »

Okay, I wasn't sure what I was doing, but here is what I did... Windows(C:) - Users - MyName - Outerra - Packages.  It showed up here in a subfolder and I simply right clicked and hit Delete.  After that I started Outerra and the Moon was gone.  Hope this helps for anybody else like me who might play with matches before understanding fire!  Thanks ZZZ and professorx for your quick replies and help!
Isn't it just a great looking planet!

zzz

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 07:03:42 am »

That's one way to get rid of it, but it means you can't use the model and you may also get a message from Outerra saying it's trying to load the model but can't find it anytime you go near its spawn point.

If you go to ...MyName\Outerra\cache\earth\object and delete the folders in there you can still use your models but any previous model placements will be deleted.