Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Halo 3 pelican! (with gears and interior)  (Read 13062 times)

Spartan46

• Can import alot of things ;)
Halo 3 pelican! (with gears and interior)
« on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:15 pm »

Hi there ! I already made a pelican from Halo 1 but now I did it with the model from Halo 3 with more features!

Download: Halo 3 pelican!

-Moving Wings

-Good working gears

-Working Main door (as flaps for now)

-Fly really great!

-Not a VTOL yet so go on something flat and long to take off!

-Don't know why but the little wheels have stopped rotating :P You won't notice!

Download: Halo 3 pelican!

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
Re: Halo 3 pelican! (with gears and interior)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:31:50 am »

Shweet! Cheers Spartan46
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 02:10:11 am »

Nice. You should imagine a Halo XII Pelican. Put that up.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

KING

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 01:27:54 pm »

Sweet :D

clawhammer

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 05:24:36 pm »

I love this thing! It really is flying well, and you can almost land it vertically. (Certainly when not deploying the gear!) :)

On my screen the green texture is quite dark, so I did a blatant bash, I hope you don't mind!

KING

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 05:17:08 pm »

Love that Camouflage, it really goes well with the pelican :)

Spartan46

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 05:58:06 pm »

nice ! :P

soulunite

• Obsessed with Outerra
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:23:54 pm »

This looks great! thanks Spartan. Question (from a non-modeler) - is there a way to share these cool paint jobs I see on some of these vehicles? The BT-67 and Pelican are good examples - I see people have done awesome customized paint jobs. With the permission from the artists, can this be shared? Cheers Team

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 01:54:24 am »

Sure as hell, that the Halo series has a lack of camouflage ... but i know master-chief didnt need that stuff. ( just like Schwartzneger when he goes angry wielding a gun :D )
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Spartan46

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 04:23:10 pm »

Ask Clawhammer!

M4C

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 02:06:27 pm »

How about a Halo 4 Pelican? I don't know how easy that will be as it's quite detailed in comparison.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:08:42 pm by M4C »
War is a machine. We are merely its components. - M4C

SilentEagle

• Sim Developer
    • Simulation Developer
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 11:56:11 am »

I have modified the flight model to be more like a spacecraft than an airplane, complete with thrust vectoring and enough power to put into space and bring it back down  (Engine power is no longer dependent on altitude and has less spool time).  I have even added automated retro thrusters that will slow the ship to zero airspeed so that landing vertically is possible.  I have run into a few roadblocks that keep me from finishing it, however.

• External reactions in JSBSim seem to crash Outerra, so I can't use this section to simulate retro thrusters or the vertical thrusters.
  • I can't figure out how to control different engine powers.  The generic value is fcs/throttle-cmd-norm, which is your throttle input from 0.0 to 1.0 and gets applied to every engine equally.
  • We can't assign multiple axes to different engine controls anyway, so the differing control levels of all engines would have to be automatic.
  • Controlling this thing in upper atmosphere and space is very difficult as just very small vector thrusts will send this thing into uncontrollable spins.  Currently I am just scaling back the control authority based on engine power and air density to a lower limit, which makes for smoother controls in the thinner air and when engine power is higher.  However, all corrections still have to be made manually.  I would like to be able to automate a stabilizer using the various vertical and horizontal thrusters, so that when you let go of the control, it will stop its spinning.
  • Also, directional control from control surfaces is non existent on this ship, since it does not have a rudder.  I am assuming that that is controlled with differing the engine powers on the left and right sides to force a yawing moment.

Also, has anyone checked the scale of the ship?  It seems a little big to me.  Looking up the specs, the length should be 30.5m, width is 23.3m, and the height is 10m.

Spartan46

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 01:56:44 pm »

Nice work ! The thing is I scaled it with the lenght (30.5m) but the rest is not exactly like in the specs!

I think the scale is right

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:17:15 pm by Spartan46 »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 03:13:14 am »

Also, has anyone checked the scale of the ship?  It seems a little big to me.  Looking up the specs, the length should be 30.5m, width is 23.3m, and the height is 10m.

Well, it should transport the Puma too, so it better be big. :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.