Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: I made a video!!  (Read 5165 times)

Fullcupofdirt

I made a video!!
« on: March 20, 2014, 10:50:41 pm »

I don't quite know where to put this, but I made a video using Outerra and a different game called "Space Engine". This is my 2nd Video I've ever really made so... Enjoy!!!

Watch in 1080p and please share & comment!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:05:55 am by Fullcupofdirt »

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
Re: I made a video!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:14:58 am »

HOLY S**T! Was that the planet Saturn with moons? What an awesome video. Well done Fullcupofdirt that was very cinematic and well done :)
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:01:29 am »

Damn beautiful - cant wait till the whole Sol system gets there, but we need a life/dying system. You cant get to Venus, Jupiter and Uranus up to surface. Some damn great windy atmosphere turbulences and liquid metal rain effects need to be done too. We do need to die there trying in style. :D  ... also, if i may ask ? You imported Neptune whyte an external texture of the milky-way and some clusters ? They sure looked nice. The moons are nice too - you scripted some rotation into it ! Also, how did you spawn and find those things at those distances whiteout proper observatory equipment ?  :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:29:52 am »

Damn beautiful - cant wait till the whole Sol system gets there, but we need a life/dying system. You cant get to Venus, Jupiter and Uranus up to surface. Some damn great windy atmosphere turbulences and liquid metal rain effects need to be done too. We do need to die there trying in style. :D  ... also, if i may ask ? You imported Neptune whyte an external texture of the milky-way and some clusters ? They sure looked nice. The moons are nice too - you scripted some rotation into it ! Also, how did you spawn and find those things at those distances whiteout proper observatory equipment ?  :D :D

The space footage are from "Space Engine". Also, you can notice the missing Outerra's logo on upper-right corner of the screen.

btw really nice video Fullcupofdirt!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:47:52 am »

The space footage are from "Space Engine". Also, you can notice the missing Outerra's logo on upper-right corner of the screen.

... hmm, have to check that one out !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Fullcupofdirt

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 07:59:28 am »

Wow! Thanks, sorry I forgot to mention the Space Engine, I got it finished late last night and I just wanted to hit the sack. I'm glad you guys like it! Thanks for the amazing game, seriously amazing. Look closely at the last part and you can make out the Aurora on the left side of the Earth when it blocks the sun, these guys make some beautiful music IMO.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 08:07:46 am by Fullcupofdirt »