Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 5507 times)

CaptJack92a

Titanfall
« on: March 22, 2014, 01:29:09 am »

I am way too into Titanfall, but it's paying off. I don't know if I'll use this model specifically, I'll definitely have my own robot exoskeletons by the time this happens, but I want to make my game include drive-able robots that you can be launched down into battle with/in from an orbital platform such as a ship or station.
This is just one part of a massive scale game I want to make that's basically like Planetside 2, but severely bigger, includes multiple planets, and you can fly via ship from one planet to another/to various other locations on a planet. Even in the middle of nowhere where you can build a nuclear launch site or something to end the reign of your foes on the neighboring continent.

Anyhow, it'll be a huge game, but here's the thing this post exists for...

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Titanfall
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 02:51:39 pm »

Wasnt a bad idea the titanfall, doe, it looks for me a little too much ... multiplayer-shooter-y. Storry seems nice, but somehow it doesnt feel, that you are much engaged into it.

The model looks nice. Animations might be a big piece of work doe. But i hope you get it in. Would like to see a real working mech in OT.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

CaptJack92a

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 03:41:28 pm »

That's the point. What I want to do with Outerra means massive multiplayer. Bigger scale than the Planetside games will ever know.
I'm talking multiple planets, mass scale battles both ground, air, and space!

Think of it this way...
Starcraft... In first person.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 12:21:35 pm »

Starcraft... In first person.

... they really need the visibility-range there :

But i like the couch. :D Also, the in-mech environment projection allowing for the cockpit being armored was nice. (saw that whyte a Honda done in japan for projecting visibility-obstacles - projected on the front-desk and door/windshield frame from multiple external cameras ). Having that projection capability will be needed for some sims too, like targeting-screens on aircraft's and armored vehicles whyte remote-controlled armament. True still is, fantasy-design can bring up a lot more to put that to use.

( still the bullet caliber is interestingly unfit in the screen - that damn Hollywood reality breaking effects. Always putting Tzar-cannon sized rounds everywhere.  :D )

For the OT multiplayer, it remains to see if those thousands of players can go to virtual Bahamas on a U2 concert at once like the planetside likes. :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:27:50 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.