Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Game Assets - What should the vehicles look like?  (Read 211550 times)

OGREMAN

Re: Game Assets - What should the vehicles look like?
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2011, 09:22:46 am »

Outstanding quality model, I presume it to be a gas turbine power train. What a monster!
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.
\"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun;  The frumious Bandersnatch!\"

RaikoRaufoss

• Blood may move the wheels of history, but only our cunning keeps the wheels oiled.
    • http://www.sabaton.net/
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2011, 12:25:45 pm »

One impressive rig.  Just wonder how well it corners, and what fuel efficiency it gets.
Far from the fame
Far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide
CZECHOSLOVAKIA'S PRIDE!!!!!!

Matt6767

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2012, 09:14:05 am »

Most warships of the future will probably have sloped sides like the Zumwalt Class destroyer here. It helps them in avoiding radar detection. You can see the similarities in the Independence and Freedom class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_class_littoral_combat_ship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_class_littoral_combat_ship

Also the small Coast Guard cutters of the U.S. look pretty awesome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCG_Patrol_Boat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCG_coastal_patrol_boat
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:42:13 am by Matt6767 »

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2012, 09:37:10 am »

There may be vehicles in underground military bunkers, though you'd probably have to make new tires for them.

That would be freakin' awesome!
(I can already imagine myself finding a few sound-speed aircrafts in a bunker under my IRL house location - hell, why not? Who would look for vehicles in a place already poorly known about, under non-suspicious' citizen's house?)
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2012, 04:11:46 am »

Thought about something, that would hawe great off-road capabilities, beeing amphibious, something like this "little" buggy :

Only whyte some more futuristic look (maybe of this one http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/batmobile-resize.jpg : P|. The only reason of their off-roadness is in their big low-pressure tires, actually, you can be owerruned by that beast and the tire would not hurt you thanks to that great contact area ...

As for the Tatras, was pretty suprised to see, how russians got into it as an base for export military vehicles of warious kinds, making them some "test roads" aviable at their home. India has yet a number of those Tatras whyte the lesser export version of the Smerch multiple rocket launcher. And this one is impressive :

And as for Jagerbomber-s Tractor-trailer. This is what my mind crossed at the Tractor word going trought my mind :

Just hope, no one will make that yellow car whyte two driwers and driwerwheels !  :D:D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:13:19 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2012, 04:10:07 am »

These! http://www.youtube.com/user/ETFMiningTrucks/videos

Suspension Stuff http://www.etftrucks.eu/Innovations/Suspension/

I'm going to try and recreate it in garrys mod but just thinking about it navigating the terrain of Outerra gives me goosebumps. You might even get an endorsement from the company if you feature their vehicles in a "game of the future".

And LOOK at that scale!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:34:21 am by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2012, 04:56:57 am »

Cool.

You might even get an endorsement from the company if you feature their vehicles in a "game of the future".
Might be worth trying.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2012, 05:14:02 am »

They would probably even give you all the 3D models (which they OBVIOUSLY have) and importing those bits would be 1,2,3.. Getting it to behave correctly would be the "fun" part.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2012, 06:30:13 am »

Well, looks like all they have now are just the models, so the exact behavior is unknown. Anyway, the suspension control would have to be intelligent for this, and for higher speeds it would require scanning the road shape in front of the vehicle, to be able to react with the suspension. But maybe for the slow speeds they are using one could make it work with just measuring the instant weights and reacting to that.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2012, 07:20:39 am »

Well, looks like all they have now are just the models, so the exact behavior is unknown. Anyway, the suspension control would have to be intelligent for this, and for higher speeds it would require scanning the road shape in front of the vehicle, to be able to react with the suspension. But maybe for the slow speeds they are using one could make it work with just measuring the instant weights and reacting to that.

That reminds me of the current US developement for personal and mass-unit carying vehicles, MULE, CRUSHER and TARDEC. A really interesting suspension and off-road capability.

Actually, there was an special vehicle, that had an extra suspension height, that should by an walk-speed hold its platform stedy thanks to gyro-s and instant pressure sensors. Was dumped doe, cant ewen remember the project name ...

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

DarkDXZ

• Exception within exception...EXCEPTION!
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2012, 09:11:17 am »

These! http://www.youtube.com/user/ETFMiningTrucks/videos

Suspension Stuff http://www.etftrucks.eu/Innovations/Suspension/

I'm going to try and recreate it in garrys mod but just thinking about it navigating the terrain of Outerra gives me goosebumps. You might even get an endorsement from the company if you feature their vehicles in a "game of the future".

And LOOK at that scale!

Sir, that is...Awesome.

I would personally like to see it in-game.
Anteworld would get 20% cooler with THAT.
"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?" - Joseph Stalin

Vinator

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2012, 08:39:59 pm »

As well as excavators and other Construction/Building vehicles.

Lawrs

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »

I'd love to see some normal cars in Outerra. By normal cars I don't mean everyday boring cars you see outside on the street but more like veterans, rally cars and super cars. Not just huge offroad vehicles (which by the way are incredibly awesome but suggested way too much) but cars that are built for the dirt roads and tarmac.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2012, 06:34:09 pm »

someday lawrs.. someday.

The full game might have a few you find preserved but they won't really fit in until someone does a full race sim mod for OT. I stir the pot as we speak. Want to drive the Nurbergring? Go to Germany and find it!

Lawrs

« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2012, 02:59:54 am »

someday lawrs.. someday.

The full game might have a few you find preserved but they won't really fit in until someone does a full race sim mod for OT. I stir the pot as we speak. Want to drive the Nurbergring? Go to Germany and find it!

Not really on-topic here but does Outerra support Logitech G27 and Eyefinity resolutions?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20