Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Detail textures?  (Read 5563 times)

Spartan46

• Can import alot of things ;)
Detail textures?
« on: April 01, 2014, 07:34:41 pm »

Is it possible to use detail textures in outerra? If possible, how to do that how to change the size of the texture(tiling) inside outerra?

example:

M7

Re: Detail textures?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:01 pm »

You cant change tile texture size relative to the size of the object once imported in outerra,  but you can boost the resolution of the texture in photoshop. ie.  go from 512x512 -> 1024x1024 or 5000x5000 .....

But just increasing the resolution wont make the texture look more sharp. Probably need to redo the texture if you want to multiply the resolution by 2 or more.

M7

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 09:34:24 pm »

Oups! i didnt see your second image  when i made that first response, i was on an ipad. Yep it's pretty easy to replace a low res tile texture for a higher one.

Just open the dds texture from your vehicle folder with photoshop, resize the texture X2 or X4 , paste in your new texture and save back as dds. If you have outerra open with that vehicle spawned, you will see the texture update live.

Spartan46

Spartan46

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:11:51 pm »

Found it ! just had to take my rgb multiply, render as texture and replace the texture in outerra!

M7

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 11:35:31 pm »

Ah see what you mean,  im not too familiar with material option in max but this could be done in photoshop as well.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 05:14:22 am »

So the RGB multiply works kinda as an color multiplying overlay ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

necro

• google+ Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 11:48:29 am »

You could use a workaround. Just create several objects for level of detail and assign them different materials. One material with small tex resolution, and one with big tex resolution.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 08:38:20 pm »

Found it ! just had to take my rgb multiply, render as texture and replace the texture in outerra!

Hi, Spartan46!

I need a mesh with tiling texture. How did you managed it? I don't understand when you say you took your rgb multiplier. Could you please explain me further?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".