Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Estimated release date  (Read 20106 times)

Vance

Estimated release date
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:18:56 am »

Estimated release date? Free or Paid? How can we get updates on the status of Outerra without having to visit the forums daily?

By the way, Found Outerra by accident, but I do say that this is great work. Keep it up.

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Estimated release date
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 02:06:07 am »

http://www.facebook.com/outerra

... and ...

http://twitter.com/outerra

They're pretty good at putting updates on both pages after initial updates on the forum, so if you have either a Facebook or Twitter account, it would be a bit easier to follow for you, I think.

Honestly though, the forums are the best way to follow the progress.  A lot more in-depth discussion and explanation goes on here.

(Sorry to hijack the FAQ/topic, Cameni, so feel free to delete when necessary, after Vance has viewed the response :))
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Estimated release date
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:59:45 am »

Quote from: cshawnsmith
(Sorry to hijack the FAQ/topic, Cameni, so feel free to delete when necessary, after Vance has viewed the response :))
I've used your reply to add the missing information to FAQ :)

Quote from: Vance
Estimated release date? Free or Paid?
You mean the release of engine? The engine itself may not even be released ever, if we'll go the way of making our own games on it only. The first game could be released this year (in alpha stage).

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Estimated release date
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:11:09 am »

Quote from: cameni
The engine itself may not even be released ever, if we'll go the way of making our own games on it only.

I am not against this, BUT remember to include a legal will somewhere that gives ownership of the engine and all intellectual properties to the Senior Forum members should something happen to both of you. So we might sell it for tons of cash in your name as a remembrance.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Vance

Estimated release date
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 12:02:42 am »

Thank you, I'd highly suggest that you guys create some type of game and/or sell it to Valve or Microsoft as this engine just blows current game engines out of the water.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Estimated release date
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:51:45 am »

Thank you, I'd highly suggest that you guys create some type of game and/or sell it to Valve or Microsoft as this engine just blows current game engines out of the water.

No.. Microsoft would try to load halo into it and valve would take too long to do anything at all with it. Keep it in house if it is lucrative enough.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

necro

• google+ Blog
Estimated release date
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 04:05:50 am »

Selling this engine could kill it. Intel bought project offset and didnt use it by the lack of time or interest. And why should microsoft earn much money and honour for this work. Cameni and angrypig will be billionares if they will do so.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Estimated release date
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 02:57:42 pm »

Quote from: necro
Cameni and angrypig will be billionares if they will do so.

lets start with thousandares first.

meuhey

Estimated release date
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 02:27:31 pm »

project offset is being used for firefall

SpaceFlight

Estimated release date
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 05:34:59 am »

Quote from: cameni
You mean the release of engine? The engine itself may not even be released ever, if we'll go the way of making our own games on it only. The first game could be released this year (in alpha stage).

Do you plan on licensing the engine eventually?
I suppose wondrous things would happen gamewise, if gamestudios would start building their games on OT.
Not that I dont think wondrous things will happen when you and angrypig start making games with this. :D
"You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached their limit and shut down."
Zapp Brannigan

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Estimated release date
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 11:20:52 am »

Eventually .. yes. But it will mean making a robust API and documenting is as well. And somehow the new stuff always gets in front of it, you know how it is :)
Just now we are mostly hacking stuff inside, but some interfaces and means of accessing the internals are starting to appear already.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Estimated release date
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:57 am »

You can't half build a car and sell it to a pro-race team or when it bursts into flames and cant drive past 60 you get alot of bad press. Besides, cameni knows nobody would treat his baby better than himself. Those dirty corporate coders.. Touching his stuff.

C. Shawn Smith

• C. Shawn Smith's Art Gallery & Portfolio
Estimated release date
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 01:46:47 pm »

"Don't touch my junk!" to quote a PO'd American about the ... "friendly" ... airport security pat-downs  :lol:
What we think, we become -- Buddha
There is no spoon -- Neo, The Matrix
The Cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
Outerra is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be. -- Me :)
- Yes, I'm still around ... just been busy with other projects ;)

BenDragon

Re: Estimated release date
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 11:38:04 am »

If cameni doesn't release the engine, it would have a devastating effect on the community, because you have made the technology available, but in my opinion, all of that work and effort would all be wasted if you do not share it because I believe that outerra could potentially produce a revolution in gaming a few years on.

If you let others branch out form outerra, people with different ideas could build a game in outerra.

Spike and I's idea branched out into the simulator world, thinking about building the game using outerra, if you don't release it, many original ideas would be wasted.

I think it would be best if you license the game for individual developers for free, you should make it clear that the engine shall not be sold, and if it is, they should divide the profits with you.

For money with corporations that want to use it, you should sell it, instead of asking companies to buy, similar to door to door salesmen (that is, if you want go through with it of course), you can still make games yourself using your own engine.

I humbly ask you to reconsider this rash decision for the benefit of the gaming industry.

[deleted]

Re: Estimated release date
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 12:40:28 pm »

Estimated release date? Free or Paid?

What ? Multiple games ? Engine not released ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *coff coff*

>:(
Pages: [1] 2