Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: [Feedback] I Novae Engine as a service  (Read 3138 times)

Benjamin385

[Feedback] I Novae Engine as a service
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:30:37 am »

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share this - the folks over at I Novae Studios are more than likely going to implement an "Engine as a Service" sort of deal for their engine. Which will include all of their development tools for a monthly fee. They are currently looking for feedback on price and a few other things.

They are looking at the price of $7.00 USD a month per user which I think is a bit to low for what they offer.

The money would go toward polishing, further development of their tools and the like.

You can find videos of the engine here

Anyway here is the thread - Link

What do you guys think?

- Ben
Activision needs my Ideas - They have been making the same game for 6 years now

HiFlyer

Re: [Feedback] I Novae Engine as a service
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 10:06:45 am »

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share this - the folks over at I Novae Studios are more than likely going to implement an "Engine as a Service" sort of deal for their engine. Which will include all of their development tools for a monthly fee. They are currently looking for feedback on price and a few other things.

They are looking at the price of $7.00 USD a month per user which I think is a bit to low for what they offer.

The money would go toward polishing, further development of their tools and the like.

You can find videos of the engine here

Anyway here is the thread - Link

What do you guys think?

- Ben

I've followed them off and on for several years, and they do have some impressive achievements. On the other hand, like all engines of this sort, there seems to be an impressive beginning and then a slowdown that allows years and years to pass. I've sometimes wondered if all these engines are bumping against some inherent limitation of the tech.

Comparing them to Outerra, I see a combination of strengths/weaknesses that shows no decisive "winner" though I tend to think Outerra may be slightly behind in some stably implemented areas like lighting/shadow and possibly physics. And ahead in things Like roads, grass, animation, etc.

Be interesting to see if anyone bites at those development kits though, especially at those prices.

I note that they're vids are mostly years old, where Outerra has many current achievements.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:22:26 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro