Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Outerra biome colors video  (Read 31030 times)

HiFlyer

Re: Outerra biome colors video
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 12:26:17 pm »

I meant that it's an output of a procedural equation applied on global data. Hiflyer suggested that we needed an artist, but the wild green colors in some locations are not because we are color blind and can't see the problem ourselves :D

We can tell that some colors are wrong and mostly what they should be like too. The problem is, we aren't flying around the world in OT and manually repainting it - the procedural rule that processes the available data needs to be able to handle it, while not making other parts worse at the same time. We *could* have an artist painstakingly fixing the dataset instead, but that would not be very productive, especially when the formats and datasets may and will change.
Other things, like the dark tree colors are a known issue of the existing code that will be replaced anyway, so we aren't hurrying to fix the old one at all costs.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply any colorblindness: its just that not everyone has the same tastes, and there was no way to know how you felt about the current terrain palette except to point out what I thought was off and why, and then see if anyone else agreed or if it was just me.

I mentioned an artist because its silly to expect you guys to do everything alone in any reasonable time period if somebody else can concentrate on things like textures........

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 07:46:38 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: 1 2 [3]