Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lighting test  (Read 25064 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Lighting test
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:02:41 am »

Test of the unoptimized lighting pipeline.

ddenn

Re: Lighting test
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:05:32 am »

Wow, that looks really cool! Will these craters light other objects, like static or vehicles?
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:53 am »

Yes they light objects too. Actually not craters are lighting them, but the tracers have attached light sources, and when they hit the ground the light source will stay stuck there. There will be a fade out effect later.

ddenn

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:21:10 am »

Perfect!
i7 3930K 3.50 (3.80) Ghz, 32Gb RAM, GTX980 4 Gb VRAM, Windows 7 64-bit

About Outerra in Russian

Foxiol

• Gamer
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 11:27:29 am »

Amazing work. I can see myself throwing some missiles with the Mig just to see the lights traveling over the surface. ;)

PS: We should have a "DOTY" (Developer of the year) price for this guy. Always making progress and adding stuff with such a low crew but in a huge massive scale. Great work for you and all the guys there. ("Mr Pig" too of course haha)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:15:40 pm »

... Hell-Bullets ... plasma and laser canons redefined ...

... now really, since when is DARPA hiding a portable version of the NAVSEA and test it virtually on your engine ?  :o

P.S.: Can we "stick" some light-sources to stuff and vehicles later on too trough the script ? ( whyte all or some of the nice parameters like light color, intensity, heading ("degree defined spherical" light sources) and fade timer ) Also, if you hide it behind a partly transparent material (say a blue glass), will the light be filtered on the other side ? (or better formulated, will there be a possible light optical spectrum simulation ... maybe even Prism Physics ? ) Would like to keep a concept of car lights where, when the colored cower is missing or damaged, white base-light would be there playing around. Also cathedrals would look awesome :

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:19:10 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 04:03:28 pm »

Yes it will be possible to add and control lights on vehicles, needs directional lights support. Transparent surfaces ... that's more complicated, Angrypig will have to comment about it. Lighting support in the core is his part, I connected it to the tracers and explosions here, in order to test how it performs.

HiFlyer

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 04:31:39 pm »

Very very Nice!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 05:22:25 pm »

Oha,  :o nice news, thanks.
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 07:55:43 pm »

I approve. Needed more huge ones. ALWAYS MORE HUGE ONES!
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 01:29:34 am »

I approve. Needed more huge ones. ALWAYS MORE HUGE ONES!

If only we could blow the half planet away ... would be now whyte core-magma lighting effect. :D :D :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ProGamer

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 05:25:39 pm »

Is there any support for non-visible and/or emissive spectrum rendering such as near-IR?

Also, will lighting include the entire known spectrum?
https://www.orcagrowfilm.com/v/vspfiles/templates/34/images/full-visible-spectrum.jpg

This would be useful for simulating various technologies used in combat (especially stealth technologies) and other areas. And actual radar and lidar in game.

M7

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 06:26:06 pm »

Really cool!

Abc94

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 03:51:09 pm »

Looks very good guys!  Lighting is one thing that I really wanted to see in Outerra.

One question though.  How expensive will lighting be in terms of performance?  I know in the video you had hundreds of light sources and the performance seemed fine, but I guess right now you're only lighting nearby terrain.  Will this change when there are many other nearby objects to light as well, or when you start adding more advanced light sources?
"It costs over $400 000 to play for 12 seconds."     Heavy Weapons Guy on Outerra demo.

HiFlyer

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 04:25:02 pm »

That lighting at the bottom of a conical depression at the top of a mountain could make a very nice volcano........
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:42:02 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro
Pages: [1] 2