Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: How to duplicate an object or vehicle to modify?  (Read 2583 times)

jonslynn

How to duplicate an object or vehicle to modify?
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:36:49 pm »

Anyone know of the best way to make a copy of a vehicle so I can change the textures.  Do I need to rename some files or something and then leave some unchanged?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: How to duplicate an object or vehicle to modify?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:19:28 am »

pkg file is just one, but you can clone/rename other files, starting with objdef. From within the new objdef you can refer to a new mtl file, script. Check for example how packages/outerra/c172 is done.

Note that the modified files can be also separated in a subfolder for clarity.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: How to duplicate an object or vehicle to modify?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:24:31 am »

think it was .objdef file ... change the name for the matlib file and the object name inside that document (just add something like CAMO or MOD1 - modify it whyte notepad) ... then make a copy of the .mtl file and change the name properly and all names of the textures to what you need at all the materials listed in the file. -- you could also have the textures in a separate folder and just change the locations in .mtl while leaving the texture names themselves. Also, you can see, you can change in the .objdef file even the script file, so minor changes in between them in script can be done to the same way ...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:26:38 am by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.