Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Looking to recruit vehicle javascript coder (paid)  (Read 3202 times)

zzz

Looking to recruit vehicle javascript coder (paid)
« on: May 01, 2014, 05:30:24 pm »

I've run into a brick wall on my project creating flight models. JSBsim has some good documentation but is too complex.

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2625.0

I was recommended using the simpler vehicle physics with the extra_force function to make stuff fly but there's very little documentation. Even with a precise transplant of an existing vehicle JS file linked to my models joints I can't get it to move, only visually steer the model.

Here's a nuclear stealth bomber:

Its stats are
Mass: 1,421,000 kg
Top speed: 264 m/s
Acceleration: 37.88 m/s^2
Turn radius: (300 * current velocity) m

If anyone can help me make a vehicle with roughly those values I can extrapolate it for the 126 other ships.

Ideally I'd like it to function like the image below:

where the red Xs are thrusters of equal configuration and are responsible for roll, pitch and yaw. The green X is a more powerful thruster that is responsible for acceleration and speed. The blue arrow represents the artificial drag it generates that limits the top speed and decelerates it when there's no thrust.

Your payment would be the cost of one Outerra account ($15) or the imported static models for all of one of the four EVE factions I have imported into Outerra.

Any takers?

Bonus money shot: