Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: EAGLE  (Read 42167 times)

bomber

Re: EAGLE
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2014, 11:07:34 am »

Also, it's my thought that the pilot would not be sitting so far forward, but instead would his legs would be through the wing feathers just being the wings leading edge.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

andfly

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 07:54:27 pm »

Also, it's my thought that the pilot would not be sitting so far forward, but instead would his legs would be through the wing feathers just being the wings leading edge.
You're absolutely right.
When, at the beginning of the project, I thought I'd put a rider on the Eagle I positioned where you say, closer to the center of gravity of the model, such as logical.
Then I met some difficulties in the field of animation: when the Eagle bend the neck to the side was going to incorporate part of the knees of the rider, the wings were eaten part of the feet, the rider could not freely follow the movement of the head of the Eagle otherwise penetrated his body ...
So, I decided to move the rider away from the body of the Eagle and so radically solve all the problems also because, I thought, in a project like this is absolutely fantasy, it was not essential to comply with fussiness all the parameters of the real world, l 'was important: to convey an EMOTION.
Then, with the passage of time, I am so used to this position a bit 'abnormal, that I did not own more thought and I concentrated on solving the problems of the movement and aesthetics in general.
What have you found is definitely not the only flaw of this work.
If, despite all its flaws, this Eagle still manages to convey the feeling of being able to fly freely between the peaks and valleys of Anteworld and this creates an EMOTION, then the work is good and I'm happy.
However, if the defects are so obvious and annoying to spoil the taste of the simulation then I've got it all wrong and I'm sorry.

Believe me, though, it took me so, so, so much effort and good will.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

bomber

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 02:45:01 am »

Its great work, sometimes compromises have to happen I understand.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

andfly

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 08:26:30 pm »

Its great work, sometimes compromises have to happen I understand.
Thanks Simon.
I have to give you back right when you used the word "compromise."
And I got to thinking that, actually, with the excuse of working in a fancy model, I did not bother much to deepen the importance of the forces to consider when designing an object to fly.
I simply set the construction of a glider in Aeromatic, I added the engine and I changed some parameters of the resulting file to make the Eagle more responsive at the turns and the controls of the rudder.
But the thought of being still an amateur now gnaws at me even more.
Can I ask you a question that will surely also affects the other fans who want to build flying models: where can I find useful documentation on the Web to learn more about JSBSim?
The manual can be downloaded from the website is very well done but I feel the need for more detailed instructions ...
Thanks again.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

josem75

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 09:39:42 am »

Even if you was not a noob, you made a great job. But being a noob is even better what you did. Probably the most enjoyable fly with this engine on your eagle.

I have a dare for you which i dont know if its posible, a supersonic eagle version! So we can fly long distances at same mig29 speed or more (the max you can).

The dream would be have the both eagles version in one, so you can fly super slow and then change to fly so fast. But dont know if the jbsim can do that. Maybe playing with mixtures or something. Set the actual performance in 10 oe 20% mixtures and then increase the performance increasing mixtures.

I know nothing about jbsim, maybe what i am saying is imposible. But i put the idea just in case.

YOur eagle is the first step to a full "diferent" flyable model in outerra. I guess the final step will be a flyman, like superman.

andfly

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 05:01:26 am »

Even if you was not a noob, you made a great job. But being a noob is even better what you did. Probably the most enjoyable fly with this engine on your eagle.
Thank you very much

I have a dare for you which i dont know if its posible, a supersonic eagle version! So we can fly long distances at same mig29 speed or more (the max you can).
When I read these words, my first thought was: impossible!
Impossible because the Eagle is seen by Jsbsim like a glider and also greatly increasing the power of the engines, there is a structural limit that prevents the model exceed the speed of 300-350 Knots.
Around that speed vibrations occur so obvious that disturb the simulation.
In fact, I had to program a limit: when the speed reaches 200 Knots automatically fit the airbrakes and the flight is continuously monitored and enjoyable.
But .... but ....
Then I was surprised to rethink the supersonic speed and the word "dare" ...
When a problem can not be addressed directly (and with the rules of ordinary physics there is no chance of success) you can try to work around it ...
And I got a pretty good idea of how you could do this by using, of course, a trick.
I must first hear the opinion of Mr. Scott, with the permission of the Captain Kirk, who knows how to warp space and get speed beyond the limits permitted by the laws of physics.
I'm not sure and I need to do some experimenting .... I'll let you know.

andfly

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:31 pm »

As you can see in the video, the idea of ​​giving the eagle a kind of warp drive is achievable ... in Anteworld!
But I still need a certain amount of time to solve some problems regarding the interaction with the terrain that is hard to get back from the distortion, the optimization of the new parameters and, above all, invent something that will make at least credible, obviously staying in 'scope of science fiction, the fact that a bird can reach that speed.
It would be an offense for a world so plausible, begin to fill it with animations blatantly unrealistic and unjustified.
The last of my thoughts would be to help make Anteworld a kind of cartoon.

josem75

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2014, 08:48:15 am »

Wow!! Thats amazing.
With this eagle you would be able to really cover long distances and fast.
Eagle can reach 300 Km/h in the real life. But considering your eagle is almost 3 times bigger than a real eagle, would not be so rare to get also 3 times faster :)))
So dont worry.

You really can afford a dare! Amazing work! Thanks for this pretty fly creature

PD: I hope you can finally solve the problems and bring us the present of the supersonic eagle
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:04:20 am by josem75 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2014, 02:09:11 pm »

As you can see in the video, the idea of ​​giving the eagle a kind of warp drive is achievable ... in Anteworld!
But I still need a certain amount of time to solve some problems regarding the interaction with the terrain that is hard to get back from the distortion, the optimization of the new parameters and, above all, invent something that will make at least credible, obviously staying in 'scope of science fiction, the fact that a bird can reach that speed.
It would be an offense for a world so plausible, begin to fill it with animations blatantly unrealistic and unjustified. The last of my thoughts would be to help make Anteworld a kind of cartoon.

Maybe the birds more natural home is Middle Earth, where a bit of magic is more plausible.........

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2014, 11:42:26 am »

I allowed myself a little dip in the unreality and I fitted the eagle can fly very fast.
I did it mainly for two reasons: to arrive early in the points of the landscape of Anteworld that seemed attractive for the flight but I could not reach in time be eligible and then to try if I could realize the idea of forcing JsbSim to accept shifts beyond the ability of the aerodynamics of the model without sending everything crashing.
In practice, use the trick to read the coordinates of the Eagle, calculate the coordinates "further" in the direction of motion and to communicate JsbSim the new coordinates.
Using this procedure for each frame is added to the speed a forced relocation of the model and get a throughput absolutely unattainable using only the power of the Eagle.
Since this is a method that works on spatial coordinates believe it can really be considered a kind of warp drive (which, with a force field, "deformed" and "compresses" the space in front of a spaceship for him to travel vast distances in a short time).

The power of HYPER ENGINE is connected to the command "mixture".

It 'still needed a WARNING regarding collisions with the ground and the mountains.
Under normal conditions JsbSim is able to handle collisions by calculating the consequences,  but when using the HYPER ENGINE the model is continually redesigned "later" and have the good fortune to be placed in the exact spot between the air and the ground, so that JsbSim can handle the collision, is only a utopia. Most of the time the model is already placed inside a mountain and this sends JsbSim in fault. The result is the production of coordinates and speed absurd.
I happened during the rehearsal to hone the power of the engine to slip at full speed in a mountain and immediately find myself in deep space, read the HUD a height of 1.7E21 and speed equally absurd. Even back in UFO mode and at full speed it is impossible to return to the earth (and then where will the earth?). However, do not worry, just delete the Eagle and select a location from those set in the menu, and everything returns to normal.
So be careful not to get too close to the ground, with the HYPER ENGINE in function, because the results will be unpredictable. (Moreover, even in all the environments of science fiction, the warp engines are only used in deep space, away from the planets and stars).
Its ideal use is to allow fast travel to get to fly in the most interesting though very far from each other.

To give a little credibility to an Eagle supersonic I thought of planning a radical change in both appearance and sound of the Eagle normal and fast, as if you were to make a magic or a sci-fi technological transformation.

Hope you enjoy it.

Download HYPER EAGLE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgdk13LXVOdm9GQlE/view?usp=sharing
This link has been disabled (refers to a model not working)

A little movie:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:19:15 pm by andfly »

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

Great work andfly, your hyperspeed system is really cool !
I wonder how the hardcore simmers will react if someone mod the cessna with this system  ;D

andfly

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2014, 10:12:18 pm »

Great work andfly, your hyperspeed system is really cool !
Thanks Acetone

I wonder how the hardcore simmers will react if someone mod the cessna with this system  ;D
I too am surprised to grin slightly at the thought ..
Despite being a fan of extreme precision and meticulousness with which we try to simulate reality (otherwise I would not be so passionate about computers and programming) and aware of the hard work and effort that this entails .... I can not feel this way bound to a highly realistic representation of the world in an environment so fantastic and open to any possibility as is Anteworld.
I would love to see this world populated by fantastic and amazing creatures full of tentacles.
Transport leavened with anti-gravity engines. Huge Transformers rattling in the mountains.
I would like the search for a "emotion" (which is the ultimate goal of any game or simulation) was thus of primary importance to allow some bit license on the accuracy ...

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 06:34:16 am »

Yep, simulation by itself is an interesting subject but it's sometimes better to let the things go wild  :)
I really hope they will blend elements of simulation (navigation tools for example) with a simple and arcadish yet deep gameplay for Anteworld. With the world as a playground, the player should expect some kind of superpowers  ;D

The hyperspeed for the Cessna will probably look weird in fact, it works well with your Eagle because it has a more fantasy tone, but it will seems strange for a small plane :)

This kind of system will fit very well on a fictionnal spaceship however. I really hope they will move from the original hard science plot they showed for Anteworld, at the begining of the project, to something more wild, closer for example of Jodorowsky's or Moebius's style.

(Samples from Jodorowsky's work on La Caste des Méta-barons - The Saga of The Meta-Barons, pretty hard to find good resolution pictures of it)

HiFlyer

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 08:45:49 am »

With the ability to import 3D models, pretty much anything people come up with is possible. Essentially, probably a zillion people are waiting for the base features to be complete and an sdk to appear.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2014, 12:38:17 pm »

Yep, simulation by itself is an interesting subject but it's sometimes better to let the things go wild  :)
I really hope they will blend elements of simulation (navigation tools for example) with a simple and arcadish yet deep gameplay for Anteworld. With the world as a playground, the player should expect some kind of superpowers  ;D

The hyperspeed for the Cessna will probably look weird in fact, it works well with your Eagle because it has a more fantasy tone, but it will seems strange for a small plane :)

This kind of system will fit very well on a fictionnal spaceship however. I really hope they will move from the original hard science plot they showed for Anteworld, at the begining of the project, to something more wild, closer for example of Jodorowsky's or Moebius's style.

I am fully agree on everything.
( Beautiful pictures ... make you dream ...)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5