Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: EAGLE  (Read 42186 times)

andfly

Re: EAGLE
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »

Thanks balfourcraig and Fighter117, I have already published a version of the Eagle without the humanoid, just go back a few posts and you can find the link, but I would like to take this opportunity to give a link to a further improved version of the project at this address:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgVE45LW84c0FuVGs/edit?usp=sharing
This link has been disabled (refers to a model not working)

These days I covered the calculations of the animation and I think I managed to introduce some improvement in both the fluidity of the movements of the wings in the management of the power of the engines and other small details.
I invite all those who downloaded the original version of the Eagle to try this new version (if not liked you can always go back to the previous version using the usual link).

And now, as per tradition, once again ... good flight!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:17:08 pm by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 09:09:56 pm »

Scenes from "How To Train Your Eagle?"  ;)

Very nice, by the way.  The wing flapping is hypnotic.  Very real feeling at the distance shown.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:15:21 pm by Steve.Wilson »

Fighter117

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 04:05:06 am »

Wings of your eagle are very detailled ! ;)
The little man is fun ! :D

andfly

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2014, 02:43:06 pm »

Very nice, by the way.  The wing flapping is hypnotic.  Very real feeling at the distance shown.

I liked the word "hypnotic".
Thanks.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 02:07:26 pm »

EAGLE   EVOLUTION

Even in Anteworld, how on Earth, but much faster, you obey the rules of Darwinian Evolution.
So even the Eagle has evolved and has several improvements over its earlier versions.
I learned how to use the "Intersect" in Blender and I got much sharper divisions between the different objects that make up the model of the Eagle (before I was using the "Knife" believing it to be the most appropriate tool but the cuts were never very "clean").
In this way I could afford to make regular extrusions that occupy the spaces between the objects during movement of the animation.
Then I set it, in Blender, a closer parentage between the different pieces, like links in a chain in which each piece is hinged to its neighbors, and each object is dragged into the movement without having to calculate and command its positioning.
So I avoided all trigonometric calculations that established the position and orientation in space of each object and the script was much less heavy on computer resources.
Having "almost completely" solved the appearance of unsightly gaps between the pieces of the wings, I could increase the coefficients which determine the amplitude of movement: the flight is now more elegant and majestic.
I have learned (finally) to draw and apply the texture.
I hope that the result is better than before.
I deleted the character of reptilian riding the Eagle and I replaced it with a male and a female characters, more realistics and slightly animated .
I kept anyway even the Eagle without rider as in previous versions.
I hope that this Eagle is able to convey, more than before, the emotion of free flight in a wild world
 and ...

Once again .... Good Flight!

To download Eagle Evolution
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgd01iVkpPUUFCdnc/edit?usp=sharing
This link has been disabled (refers to a model not working)

To see a movie

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:18:11 pm by andfly »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »

Eagle down!  ;D

That takeoff and whole thing was amazing!

I was hoping to see a landing as well though.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

M7

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 03:42:42 pm »

The animation and rendering are pretty good.GJ!!. Now i wonder if there's a way to set the distance at which the model disapear from view. It seems to disapear a bit too quickly ATM. I tried to play with LOD_curve in objdef to no avail.

HiFlyer

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2014, 08:16:58 pm »

Nice job with the eagle and the new characters!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 02:45:17 am »

Awesome job andfly!

The animation and rendering are pretty good.GJ!!. Now i wonder if there's a way to set the distance at which the model disapear from view. It seems to disapear a bit too quickly ATM. I tried to play with LOD_curve in objdef to no avail.
Did you tried to change 'min_obj_size' in 'eng.cfg'? By default it's set to 5.0 i think. If you change it to 1.0 for example, you should be able to see any object for longer time/far away.

andfly

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 04:51:07 am »

I was hoping to see a landing as well though.

Thanks Jagerbomber
It is true, this time the movie does not end with the landing .....
But it is a very good reason to download the Eagle and try on your own take-offs, landings and stunts.
One recommendation: make landings and takeoffs on a flat or slightly downhill. For a still not great setting of the masses and the balance  the Eagle still has a slight tendency to tip backwards and sink into the ground (basically digging and filling the grave itself!)
Yes, we need to study even more JSBsim ...

andfly

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2014, 05:16:46 am »

Thanks M7
I fought the same problem too. In pursuing the flight of another eagle if I left the lost completely. If I parked on the ground and I walked away I had to remember to come back "exactly" the same place because I could not find it from above.
Fortunately, Levi suggests a solution ... it's definitely worth trying.

andfly

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2014, 05:25:06 am »

Nice job with the eagle and the new characters!
Thanks HiFlyer
Your comments and encouragement never fail.

andfly

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2014, 05:33:28 am »

Awesome job andfly!
Levi ...
Receiving appreciation from the publisher of the work absolutely stunning is a joy to the heart.
Thanks.

M7

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2014, 08:49:01 am »

Quote from: Levi
Did you tried to change 'min_obj_size' in 'eng.cfg'? By default it's set to 5.0 i think. If you change it to 1.0 for example, you should be able to see any object for longer time/far away.

Right on Levi! Now i can see the eagle down to a pixel  8) Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 10:06:40 am by M7 »

bomber

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2014, 10:57:31 am »

Working on wingflex I'm visualising quite a lot of cross over with a potential realistic flapping wing flight model...

Maybe in the months to come something hopefully will pop out of the work.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5