User mods, screenshots & videos > Plugins / Add-ons

Integrating with another sim

<< < (2/43) > >>

cameni:
2) is normally done using the normal import process in OT, see the importer board and various vehicle scripts that animate parts of the model. One thing is that you'll have a problem communicating from the dll to vehicle's script. However, vehicle scripts can actually run in dll plugins as well, the Javascript API is generated from C++ API. We just need to define means of defining that given vehicle does not use a script but a dll.

3) is handled inside the script as well.

planetsim:
ok, I ll check it out. So there is a script in written in Javascript and a C++ dll plugin ?

I guess if I choose to do so, then I can implement everything entirely in C++ also ?

cameni:
IGC API is both C++ and JS, though it probably doesn't make much sense to use via JS.
Common vehicle scripts are written in JS, but they can be also written in C++, though that part isn't accessible yet in the demo.

planetsim:
Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to render anything myself in OpenGL in C++ before the OT planet rendering begins ? Say I want to draw stars or a celestial reference grid(when the camera is in space) before planet rendering begins. Is it possible to register a callback to get a 'call' before OT rendering ?

cameni:
No. Renderer thread is separate from the application thread, so it's not possible (without some special support). There will be a 2D/3D drawing API for these things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version