Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Integrating with another sim  (Read 110713 times)

langdon

Re: Integrating with another sim
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2015, 01:19:26 am »

You might find this interesting.

Multiple aircraft following preset waypoints.
The wings are wobbling because I haven't tuned the PID controllers on the ailerons but I kind of like it. It gives them personality :)

So now I can fly around with my pretend friends!

HiFlyer

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2015, 01:50:47 am »

Pretty cool!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

langdon

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2015, 04:01:41 am »

This makes the flying more interesting.

I'm just flying the standard OT Cessna here. Not connected to FSX so now I need to try it in my Oculus. :)

If it's preferred that I post these Videos in another forum, just give me the word.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2015, 07:02:07 am »

The next step up from this is to make FSX run only to provide the physics and don't display images at all, so it could save up on system resources
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

langdon

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2015, 07:12:48 am »

Are you talking about the c++ IGC or is this something available in the javascript?

I'm looking for something in javascript.

John514

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2015, 07:13:50 am »

No, I don't know if something like this exists. I was just thinking

langdon

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2015, 07:25:12 am »

Sorry, that was meant for Cameni.

RE FSX.. that's already possible.. via WideFS.. I can run FSX on a crappy laptop at absolute minimum settings and via a network FSUIPC <-> WideFS run just OT graphics on a high end machine.

When I say 'crappy laptop' I'm talking about a $20 laptop I picked up on Ebay :)

John514

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2015, 07:29:18 am »

Sorry, that was meant for Cameni.

RE FSX.. that's already possible.. via WideFS.. I can run FSX on a crappy laptop at absolute minimum settings and via a network FSUIPC <-> WideFS run just OT graphics on a high end machine.

When I say 'crappy laptop' I'm talking about a $20 laptop I picked up on Ebay :)
Oh wow

M7

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2015, 10:07:23 am »

Very cool stuff!

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2015, 04:27:49 pm »

Cool!!! Woud be good to give it a try!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

M7

« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2015, 04:58:38 pm »

Multiple aircraft following preset waypoints.
The wings are wobbling because I haven't tuned the PID controllers on the ailerons but I kind of like it. It gives them personality :)

Yeah looks like they're piloted by terrorists who just got their pilot license and are ready to crash into something  =D

OmniAtlas

« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2015, 06:20:41 am »

http://www.siliconroad.com.au/fsx_plugin.zip

Something weird I noticed is that sometimes, when alt-tabbing between Outerra and FSX my joystick disconnects. The work around is just pull it out of its current usb slot and plug it in another.

Any chance of a bulk importer of objects and/or roads in the near future ?
I know the FSX and Outerra terrain meshes don't exactly align (pretty damn close in a lot of places I've tried though. Happily surprised) but if I could import all the worlds runways (db's are freely available), it'd be a great starting point.

'If you build it, they will come' ... but I imagine you guys have already witnessed that!

Love your work..It's a great future.

Now I'll load up an ultralight, put on my DK2 and enjoy a lovely sunset flight.

Thanks guys!

Langdon

Thank you for this Langdon -- here is a short flight I did with my A320 home cockpit flying around the Gold Coast --

A couple questions if I may since this is my first time using Outerra (I downloaded and bought it once I found out it can be compatible with FSX/P3D)

- Is there anyway to run outerra on a different monitor? I have the projector setup on a different output but I was only able to make it run on that desktop when I make it the 'main' desktop in Windows setting.

- Is there any way to adjust the time? Is it linked up with FSX/P3D time?

Thank you!

langdon

« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2015, 07:23:14 am »

Hi,

I'm incredibly envious of your simpit!
Mine is still years from completion. I've built an MCP and throttle quad and just finishing up my first FMC.

I can't answer about running Outerra on a different monitor, you'll have to ask the OT guys. I actually run it across 5 monitors. Have you tried the cylindrical/spherical projection? It's have on the frame rate but is SOOO much cheaper than Nthusim !

As for transferring FSX time to OT. Yes... I've finished version 2 which adjusts the OT time. I'll likely put it online tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much else I can add after that due to the limitations of the OT API for now.

I have written some script that can be added to the OT aircraft that makes them fly waypoints. It doesn't interact with FSX but it's nice to see a bit of 'life' at  the airport :)

I would love to be able to inject FSX weather into OT. I hope the OT guys are listening...

L

HiFlyer

« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2015, 09:10:09 am »

This seems like an opportunity, actually. If Outerras Osm implementation along with other databases can provide cities and airports that match FSX/X-plane locations, then I can easily see sim-pilots, maybe even some professional simulation companies, adding Outerra to their repertoire.

The question is, are the devs positioned for, or capable of (resource-wise) taking advantage of something like that.

And are they interested.

If I was a third party company looking for a market, I might consider taking a look at this as well, honestly, and working with the devs to see what could be done.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:21:41 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

bomber

« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2015, 03:15:20 pm »

The next step up from this is to make FSX run only to provide the physics and don't display images at all, so it could save up on system resources

Provide the physics?

Is there a belief that it's better than what we can do?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15