Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Integrating with another sim  (Read 110722 times)

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
Re: Integrating with another sim
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2015, 04:35:30 pm »

The next step up from this is to make FSX run only to provide the physics and don't display images at all, so it could save up on system resources

Provide the physics?

Is there a belief that it's better than what we can do?
Long term, Outerra flight physics will be batter (blade element theory) but at the moment, FSX can do better. Flight behaviour on its own is better than FSX at the moment but everything else is missing.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

bomber

« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2015, 05:25:48 pm »

Sorry you've lost me.... What's everything else?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

OmniAtlas

« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2015, 05:50:39 pm »

Hi,

I'm incredibly envious of your simpit!
Mine is still years from completion. I've built an MCP and throttle quad and just finishing up my first FMC.

I can't answer about running Outerra on a different monitor, you'll have to ask the OT guys. I actually run it across 5 monitors. Have you tried the cylindrical/spherical projection? It's have on the frame rate but is SOOO much cheaper than Nthusim !

As for transferring FSX time to OT. Yes... I've finished version 2 which adjusts the OT time. I'll likely put it online tomorrow. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much else I can add after that due to the limitations of the OT API for now.

I have written some script that can be added to the OT aircraft that makes them fly waypoints. It doesn't interact with FSX but it's nice to see a bit of 'life' at  the airport :)

I would love to be able to inject FSX weather into OT. I hope the OT guys are listening...

L

Hi Landgdon, I'll be looking forward to trying out your newest version!

How about implementing AI aircraft translation? Perhaps all FSX/P3D AI can be injected with the default outerra aircraft. I am excited with what is to come.

My simpit was relatively straight forward to setup. I envy you guys who can build your own parts - I simply buy (this pit has FDS and cp flight parts)

Cheers.

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2015, 12:43:03 am »

NavAids, Autopilot, Atc, weather effects, turbulence... These kind of things.
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

langdon

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2015, 03:43:18 am »

Version 0.2.

Now includes synced time (almost) with FSX/P3D.
The time can actually differ by about 10 minutes depending how far away from Greenwich you get. I didn't do the 'solar time' functionality properly. I just used a shortcut. It's highly unlikely you'll tell the difference but let me know how you  go anyway.

I'd love to inject traffic and/or weather into OT but that's up to the Outerra guys now.  I don't think there's anything more I can do with the IGC interface.

Version 0.2  is here:

http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/fsx_02_plugin.zip

(too large for attachment)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:33:56 am by langdon »

HiFlyer

« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2015, 05:02:07 am »

Actually  amongst the last few updates were windspeed controls, wind direction and turbulence, amongst others, under the weather tab.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

OmniAtlas

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2015, 05:31:27 am »

Version 0.2  is here:

http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/fsx_v02_dll.zip

(too large for attachment)

Hi Langdon -- resource not found on the link you've provided. Cheers.

langdon

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2015, 05:34:44 am »

I updated the link in the post but here it is anyway:

http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/fsx_02_plugin.zip

or just go to:

http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/

L

langdon

« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2015, 05:48:37 am »

Someone might get a bit of a laugh out of this...

http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/c172.langdon.zip

It's the OT Cessna with some 'autopilot' code.

Get to about 5000ft over Tallard (LFNA) and spawn a few.

You can change the waypoints in the top of the code.
You can generate a list of waypoints from a kmz (google earth) polyline file at:
http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/  if you're REALLY keen.
The code is crap..I know it...but it's just a start :)

L

bomber

« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2015, 01:14:01 pm »

Long term, Outerra flight physics will be better (blade element theory) but at the moment, FSX can do better. Flight behaviour on its own is better than FSX at the moment but everything else is missing.

Ok I see what you're saying but you can't just 'suck in' a navaid from FSX... because there's no interaction with it through a GUI.

And a navaid is a beacon... ie a fixed point on the planet that has a known co-ordinate that an instrument within a planes cockpit gives directions too.... ALL of that can be done now... if we had a 2d GUI...

Autopilot.... yet again no 2d gui..

weather.... that's a good one, but even if rain was brought in tomorrow it would only be visual because non of the flight models are set up to interect with water ingress...

ALL the potential is here in Outerra, it's not a mish mash of FSX, ANOther flightsim and Outerra's terrain, running side by side.

I aplaud what's been done within this thread as an excercise of using another application within Outerra, and personally would love to see another aplication used as a supply chain manager, directing AI components through autopilot/waypoint commands to deliver goods from point to point based on data (supply and demand) at various nodes. I think if we had this, used in both commercial and military roles, which was then taken to online play the potential interaction you'd have with your environment would be massive...

Good luck with whats being done at present though... I do applaud it

regards

Simon

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:16:20 pm by bomber »
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

langdon

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2015, 09:51:37 pm »

For what it's worth.. That fsx plugin works with x-plane 10 as well via xpuipc.

HiFlyer

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2015, 10:05:34 am »

For what it's worth.. That fsx plugin works with x-plane 10 as well via xpuipc.

For what its worth, I'm hoping that after the show is over on the 4th, the devs might be available to offer you more assistance in the work you are doing. If you can get this to really work, in conjunction with Outerra OSM support for locations and airports, I suspect it would generate a lot of intermediate interest.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2015, 12:09:57 pm »

Langdon, A new thought: After watching some gliding videos on Youtube, including some of condor soaring simulator, it suddenly occurred to me that with the ability to set paths for planes you've demonstrated, it might be more feasible now than ever to have actual glider tow planes, where the ask-13 could be "linked" to the tow plane until a predetermined area, and then the ASK-13 could manually release and do some gliding.

The tow plane could have several predetermined paths to areas with precalculated wind/thermal maps. I believe bomber had mentioned previously that thermals and ridge lift were possible in Outerra and JSBSIM.

Does this sound doable? Or interesting?

Seems to me that gliding (especially in 3d with the oculus!) even in just specially built-up areas (buildings, etc) around the various gliding zones, might become a very attractive feature in Outerra.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:32:45 pm by HiFlyer »

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:19 pm »

JSBSim has a tow hitch interface that is designed for this specific purpose. I've been trying to figure out exactly how it works, and if Outerra will need to add something to the interface in order for it to work. It is already used in FlightGear, and could also be used for aerial refueling, or a fighter jet with a towed radar decoy, etc...

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Setup_winch_and_aerotowing_for_JSBSim-aircraft

I already know how to set it up for each aircraft, but I am not exactly sure about how the two are connected/detached.

Regards,
Uriah

bomber

« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2015, 12:44:20 pm »

It's flightgear using Nasal scripting......
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15