Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Integrating with another sim  (Read 110081 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Integrating with another sim
« Reply #195 on: June 02, 2016, 01:24:49 am »

Not yet, currently it's just a single layer.

langdon

« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2016, 04:13:59 am »

Don't use Casecom power supplies! Two dead in the  space of two days.
Now that I've got that off my chest :)

Finally got 1 back working with a graphics card that can handle Outerra but I need the second to continue the multiplayer plugin. Should have a new PSU by weeks end. (assuming it the PSU :|)

In the meantime been doing some weather work and a bit of work on another side project I've got going which leads me to this 'question'....

I actually fly in real life. I'm building a glass cockpit for an LSA aircraft (experimental class so just about anything is possible). I''ve got a whole bunch of sensors hooked up to a Raspberry Pi and that all works out ok with a 7inch display showing data similar to the PFD on a 747.

I'm looking to get a second Navigation Display made and I was thinking about how Garmin have 'synthetic vision'. I'm assuming there's no way to get Outerra working on a PI but it may be possible on a NUC / Brix. I could download all data for the entire plannet (or at least my area) but Is there anyway to run Outerra 'offline' ?

I find I need to login before I can get it to run. Maybe with a dongle or something? Happy to pay a bit extra.

Just for interests sake, the usual Glass Cockpit cost around USD 6000+. So far mine is about $250.
That gives me:

Airspeed (real airspeed not ground speed)
Artificial Horizon
Compass
Altitude
Vertical Speed
And anything you can get from a GPS..
If you combine Airspeed/Compass with GPS Ground Speed and Track you can get wind speed and deviation which is extra goodness :)
I'm also looking at GNUradio to get VOR for backup navigation. That's a whole extra 20 bux :)

Anyway
Plugin coming soon.
L

langdon

« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2016, 06:12:44 am »

Quick question...
When I have 2 plugins both derived from ot:igc in the plugin folder it seems both are instantiated but the update() method of only the first is called.

Am I missing something?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2016, 10:39:37 am »

That's right, only one IGC plugin was assumed to be active at a time. Two plugins controlling image generator would be problematic.

I find I need to login before I can get it to run. Maybe with a dongle or something? Happy to pay a bit extra.

We have a way to change the tie the license to hardware instead of having to log in, but it's not used in public OT build yet, requires a few changes.

langdon

« Reply #199 on: July 13, 2016, 10:10:52 am »

Hi,
Not the right topic to post under I'm sure but maybe someone can offer somme advice.

In the video, I'm interpolating between two positions and orientations received from the server (multiplayer). The position info seems all ok but the orientation is really out of whack.

1 question ... in the orientation quat... what is 'w' ?

and , any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? A lot of the time it's ok but sometimes it's just really twisted..as in the video.

Thanks,
L

bomber

« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2016, 01:06:11 pm »

No help here sorry
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2016, 03:23:25 pm »

Quaternion expresses a rotation from reference orientation. Basically, it encodes a rotation by angle around a vector, in a way that has some nice mathematical properties.
The w component is cosine of half the angle, whereas xyz is the unit rotation vector multiplied by sine of the half angle.

For interpolation between two quaternions you should look at slerp for quaternions.

MiB

« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2016, 02:54:51 am »

Quaternion expresses a rotation from reference orientation. Basically, it encodes a rotation by angle around a vector, in a way that has some nice mathematical properties.
The w component is cosine of half the angle, whereas xyz is the unit rotation vector multiplied by sine of the half angle.

For interpolation between two quaternions you should look at slerp for quaternions.
Quite a study on quaternions from the point of geometric algebra/clifford algebra: http://vixra.org/pdf/1506.0146v1.pdf

andfly

« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2016, 07:15:18 pm »

In the video, I'm interpolating between two positions and orientations received from the server (multiplayer). The position info seems all ok but the orientation is really out of whack.

MAYBE    ...  I can help.
Seems like a "deja vu", an already experienced ...

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3389.0

If, when you receive the position data, after the calculations for the iterpolation, to fix the plane's orientation using the command "rotate" of the interface geomob of outerra (or in the script or directly in the dll), you must ensure that the data that you enter in the command are "normalized."

Since version 5819 (August last year) the input values must be within the range 0-1, with different values the effects are unpredictable ...

I do not know if this is the problem ...
If you have been helpful ... I'm glad.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:18:56 pm by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

langdon

« Reply #204 on: July 16, 2016, 12:58:01 am »

Thanks andfly,

Normalizing did help a bit. Still not perfect though. Obviously an error somewhere in my code but I'm going too upload it anyway. I'll figure the problem out eventually. I tried 'slerping'. That went horribly wrong. Again, something wrong with my algorithm, no doubt.

Anyway, uploading version 0.02 now. Next post will be links.

Quick question to Cameni... does the wind have a 3d vector? ie. Can I make an updraft or downdraft? There's something called a 'blip map' that glider flyers use that may be useful if I can figure it out.

L

langdon

« Reply #205 on: July 16, 2016, 01:07:43 am »

Here we go...

The next version of the plugin.
http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/siliconsky_02_plugin.zip

and you'll need this OTX (inside the zip) to use the multiplayer bits:

http://www.siliconroad.com.au/ot/siliconsky_lowi.zip

This is the relevant excerpt from the readme.

------ Version 0.02 ---------------------------
Changes: 16_JUL_2016
Added multiplayer support. Rotation still glitches occasionally.
Removed wind_multiplier
Added sky_cover variables to config for easier tweaking.
Added wind gust and a turbulence hack.
Find somewhere with a thunderstorm and go for a fly/drive.

Multiplayer setup....

Go to Innsbruck Airport (LOWI)
Enter the tall red and white tower (get close to it and hit enter)
3 Biplanes and 2 trucks should spawn on the apron at the control tower end.
(Thanks to those that made the vehicles. That's way beyond my expertise!)
Exit the red and white tower and enter one of the vehicles.

Have the other player do the same thing on his/her Outerra, but of course, enter a different vehicle.
(Entering the same vehicle may have undesired effects).

The 'server' is currently running on a VPS in Australia. I'll provide the server application shortly so that it can be run locally.
IP and port can be changed in siliconsky_plugin.cfg.
For now it should be:  111.118.222.48  and port 27015

This plugin is really only meant for the hardcore Outerra followers.
Anything could go wrong at anytime so don't be disappointed when it does.
Having said that, the more people who give me feedback in the form of advice on improvements, the better it will become.
At the moment it's a bunch of hacks poorly cobbled together. What's needed now is a bit of a 'plan'.

Can multiplayer be sone somewhere other than Innsbruck?.. Yes.. all the magic is basically in the red and white tower, the plugin of course and the 2 vehicle types used (the biplane and the truck) have some special code that allow them to communicate with the plugin.
If you want to move it and your not afraid to get your hands dirty, just ask in the forum and I'll explain how.

-----------------------------------------------

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #206 on: July 16, 2016, 12:09:58 pm »

Awesome thanks! I'm testing now  :D

I can help make simple user interface for this plugin. Once I get a handle on what you are doing and how it works I'll have a better idea of what it needs. We can put all the configuration stuff into an options menu, possibly host/join server too.

Also, you should be able to wrap the function siliconsky_send_pos_rot in C++ by getting the entered instance to avoid JS altogether, therefore being able to select spawn any aircraft at one of a number of pre-defined start positions from a menu. I am pretty sure that function is the only difference in these scripts correct?

What's needed now is a bit of a 'plan'.

Let's make a plan and move this thing forward!  8)

Regards,
Uriah

SilentEagle

• Sim Developer
    • Simulation Developer
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2016, 10:37:18 am »

I am extremely interested in the developments I have read in this thread in the last two years since I last saw the limited API.  I have written my own simulator that can run independently from OT, just like FSX does, and it can also provide object positions and time of day.  It uses the RakNet library for networking, but it is very WIP at the moment.  I see that we cannot spawn or despawn objects with the API, but I'd still like to move forward with attempting what you have accomplished langdon.  Is your source code for the plugin available or could a few examples set me in the right direction?

t0m

« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2016, 04:53:41 am »

Hi,
i'm trying to compile the ot-api.zip file from this thread with VC2012 under windows 7 ultimate 64bit (changed the platform toolset to v110 , resp. v110_xp). 

The include path in this zip under glm is empty and so i get a missing glm.hpp error. I tried to copy the directory tree from glm project version 0.9.7.4 and 0.9.7.6 (see https://github.com/g-truc/glm/releases) to this include directory but get a lot of compiling errors.

Can anyone give me a hint how to compile the solution inside ot-api ?

Thanks,
Tom

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2016, 05:47:38 am »

I reuploaded the zip - not sure how the glm got lost from there.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15