User mods, screenshots & videos > Railway vehicles

Miles of track

<< < (2/6) > >>

planetsim:
Ok, is it possible to add rigid bodies to the physics world in OT currently from plugins ? As in can I get started on it with the currently exposed public functionality to plugins :)

HiFlyer:
So how does Outerra intend to handle bridges, both for Train tracks and for Roads?

cameni:

--- Quote from: planetsim on June 09, 2014, 11:24:27 am ---Ok, is it possible to add rigid bodies to the physics world in OT currently from plugins ? As in can I get started on it with the currently exposed public functionality to plugins :)

--- End quote ---
All would have to be separate vehicles. It's not clear if there will be only the Bullet engine inside, so we'd like to keep an abstraction layer.

--- Quote from: HiFlyer on June 09, 2014, 12:22:39 pm ---So how does Outerra intend to handle bridges, both for Train tracks and for Roads?

--- End quote ---
Likely as separate models with some geometry generator that can repeat pieces of geometry over a spline, same thing as used for the rails and other stuff. That's also going to be used for tunnel insides etc.

planetsim:
ok, is it possible to add custom physics to vehicles currently ? As in if I decided to add a vehicle on a rail then I would need to add custom forces, adjust wheel positions etc. Is it possible to do this via a plugin currently ?

cameni:
The only custom physics you can do is generating those extra forces in vehicle script. Wheel positions can be controlled by physics scripts as well, as joints.
Plugin can't do it now, we'll have to open a way for vehicles to use dll modules first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version