User mods, screenshots & videos > Textures

Manually Fixing the "Blue Haze" on models.

(1/3) > >>

ZeosPantera:
I am not posting this as a question as once the answer has been posted I will update this first post (and possibly sticky it)..

Here is the issue.

This model was fine and recent (2-3 month old) changes have caused many models to freak out. I know this is fixable via editing certain values in certain files having to do with the textures but I don't know what they are or if there is a decided fix value.

Help from anyone is appreciated.

wayne57:
i adjust the fo and the roughness

ZeosPantera:
Moderate Success http://i1.minus.com/iIbp6GRpE3Fqp.jpg

Total Fail. http://i1.minus.com/i9cNdbXNTFqiu.jpg I went through the texture ID in the file and commenting them with names "#MAIN BODY" "#TIRES" etc etc.. Everything was fine until I tried to rough set everything to black grey.. (5.0,5.0,5.0,1.0) The last one is alpha and it should be R G B.. But only when I do a 255 does the color work on a single channel. Cant seem to blend.

But at least my Atmospheric alterations really make it look like a bright sunny desert out there. 

curnpoo:
I've got the same problem

I'm an idiot and i cant figure out how to change the roughness and the fo, do i change the .mtl in blender? or what
I'm not exactly sure

Levi:

--- Quote from: curnpoo on August 08, 2014, 07:54:01 pm ---I've got the same problem

I'm an idiot and i cant figure out how to change the roughness and the fo, do i change the .mtl in blender? or what
I'm not exactly sure

--- End quote ---
To change material properties, just go where the package is installed, and open the .mtl file in any text editor you want(notepad, notepad++...etc.).
e.g.: \Anteworld\packages\outerra\c172\c172ma.mtl

You'll something like this:

--- Code: ---{
"version" : 512,
"mats" : [
{
"name" : "propeller_80",
"color" : "1.0,1.0,1.0,.988",
"f0" : ".039",          <<<<-----------------You may want to change this....
"roughness" : ".8",     <<<<-----------------...and this........
"no_light" : false,
"alpha_masked" : false,
"tex_albedo" : "propeller_80.dds",
"tex_normal" : "",
"tex_roughness" : "",
"tex_opacity" : "propeller_80_opacity.dds",
"tex_reflectance" : "",
"tex_environment" : ""
},

--- End code ---
Then you manually change the parameters you want, save the file, and you're done :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version