Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: The Icon A5!  (Read 9971 times)

HiFlyer

The Icon A5!
« on: August 04, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »

A neat little plane well known to anyone who has played Microsoft Flight. I have no skills in that department, but it would be cool if it showed up in Outerra. The Instrumentation is so simple it might even become Outerras first plane with all working dials/instruments!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:57:14 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
Re: The Icon A5!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:20:38 pm »

That's a nice and simple plane indeed.
There's a freeware IA5 for fsx, it's not so high quality as the one in Microsoft Flight, but it's something. Maybe I could ask for permission to port it later if you want... Is that a good idea?

HiFlyer

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 03:47:52 pm »

That's a nice and simple plane indeed.
There's a freeware IA5 for fsx, it's not so high quality as the one in Microsoft Flight, but it's something. Maybe I could ask for permission to port it later if you want... Is that a good idea?

Well, its an OK model, but might not be up to the standard you've maintained so far..... Also, Its a question if anyone would want it besides me. I would say thanks for the (very) generous offer, but only do it if you happen to feel like it and can have fun doing it. Its not anything urgent at all, just a whim, so I wouldn't take time from all the other great things you are doing.  :)
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 04:38:56 pm »

Well, its an OK model, but might not be up to the standard you've maintained so far..... Also, Its a question if anyone would want it besides me. I would say thanks for the (very) generous offer, but only do it if you happen to feel like it and can have fun doing it. Its not anything urgent at all, just a whim, so I wouldn't take time from all the other great things you are doing.  :)
I'll add it to my TODO list then. As the plane is small and simple, I guess it won't take too long to port it. Also, I always enjoy doing this :)

So... anyone else want to see this model in Outerra? It's just to assign a priority number :D

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 04:42:24 pm »

I'll add it to my TODO list then. As the plane is small and simple, I guess it won't take too long to port it. Also, I always enjoy doing this :)

So... anyone else want to see this model in Outerra? It's just to assign a priority number :D

After all, somebody, somewhere will ask for a Seaplane eventually, right?  :)

Don't forget, Its also a boat! I wonder if it can be made to float.........? Cameni?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 04:53:34 pm »

Don't forget, Its also a boat! I wonder if it can be made to float.........? Cameni?
I know right? But until we have the ability to land on sea... we will use it's landing gear instead :D

HiFlyer

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 04:59:21 pm »

I know right? But until we have the ability to land on sea... we will use it's landing gear instead :D

Oh, well.........  :D

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 06:20:54 pm »

Do they refer whyte the "relative wind" to the airflow mass distribution at actual moment around the wing ? ... then, im a little staggered whyte the ground-effect being taken as a negative thing. Isnt the indicator somehow post-processed according to remain at its flightpath momentum, or is the ground-effect not so heavy on there, whyte the wing on top of the frame ? ....
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 07:08:32 pm »

Do they refer with the "relative wind" to the airflow mass distribution at actual moment around the wing ? ... then, im a little staggered with the ground-effect being taken as a negative thing. Isnt the indicator somehow post-processed according to remain at its flightpath momentum, or is the ground-effect not so heavy on there, with the wing on top of the frame ? ....

But then the boat bottom probably almost acts almost little like a wing in those situations too, I bet.

PytonPago

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 08:06:25 pm »

... well, ground effect normally adds a little to the lift. Thus the ekranoplan way of "flying". But is true, that the planes area, on witch it occurs may be resulting in too small effect, or is even acting counter-productively -- must look up somewhere some photos from a wind-turbine of a plane close to ground ...   ???  ... but yes, nice plane idea !
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 12:12:19 pm »

Seems to be just me and maybe PytonPago. Well.... I guess that sets your priority level!  ;D

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 12:43:52 pm »

Seems to be just me and maybe PytonPago. Well.... I guess that sets your priority level!  ;D
That's OK, at least it won't have the lowest priority level ;D

2eyed

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 02:43:38 pm »

I personally would like to see a more vintage GA aircraft, something for low and slow (bush)flight with a simple but great textured cockpit. The A5 looks like a modern car. It doesn't appeal to me much. Seaplane or amphibian would be fine though.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 03:19:19 pm »

I personally would like to see a more vintage GA aircraft, something for low and slow (bush)flight with a simple but great textured cockpit. The A5 looks like a modern car. It doesn't appeal to me much. Seaplane or amphibian would be fine though.
I totally understand you. BTW, I think I mentioned this before, but, I have green light to convert any plane from classicwings.net There are some really nice vintage airplanes with great cockpits ;)

I think I'll create a poll thread after finishing the A380, to vote which one you guys like the most in order to establish a proper priority level for each :)
What do you think about it?

PytonPago

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 04:31:34 pm »

The Whittaker MW6 on their site seems to be a nice low/slow-flyer ... however, my choice of slow flyer would be SU-25 or A-10 :D :D :D :D

... True that the shavrov lacks the swimming capability.