Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [Released] Ilyushin Il-14P  (Read 78066 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: [WIP] Ilyushin Il-14P
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 04:19:47 pm »

We need a better way to load models and skins at this point. My vehicles list is absurdly long!

Maybe if paint-jobs could be hidden in a sideways pop-up retractable menu window getting up once you get the mouse on the model icon in spawner menu. Or like a horizontally placed wheel with the other skin-types there and you would turn the mouse-wheel to select one. But there probably has to be some kind of additional value/linking for the Object definition file.

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 04:42:39 pm »

I agree with ZeosPantera too.
Wow, looking good, also with the additional liveries.
But why are the wheels green?

I agree with ZeosPantera. There should be some kind of categorization in when selecting vehicles in Anteworld, if more models like this (with lots of skins) become available.

Just a hint: the static model in Outerra looks very glossy, like the bassler did, could you maybe make it more matte right away? Except for the metal parts of course. We can adjust the material config ourselves, but I just think it should look more like in the x-plane video / real life.

The wheels are originally green. I haven't touch anything. But if you look closely at each livery, you'll notice that not all have green wheels.

And about the materials, I know it looks very reflective in the screenshots from the first post, and I've already made it more matte with a bit of reflections as you can see in the pics showing the liveries. Idk, I think it looks fine now :-\

clawhammer

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 05:33:51 pm »

Cool stuff! :) Looking forward to it! This get's me excited!

(Sorry for the highjack:
I'm playing with the idea to pay somebody to put my Star Trek runabout into this game. I'm a 3D modeler/designer myself, but Outerra is purely for relaxation so toying with scripts and ports and textures is really not what I want to do. https://www.flickr.com/photos/123021064@N05/14469591076/in/set-72157644917560879 < That runabout with full interior and flying behavior like the Halo Pelican, love that thing!) but it might take a while. I would pay for the development/porting and it would be an open and shareable project (Outerra only) so everyone could enjoy (or dislike) it. Pyton or Levi maybe?)

John514

• Certified TARDIS driver.
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 05:45:45 pm »

Clawhammer, start a thread on your own and we`ll see what we can do!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

Note: I do not claim to know everything.
I just like to help people around the forum.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 05:55:10 pm »

Cool stuff! :) Looking forward to it! This get's me excited!

(Sorry for the highjack:
I'm playing with the idea to pay somebody to put my Star Trek runabout into this game. I'm a 3D modeler/designer myself, but Outerra is purely for relaxation so toying with scripts and ports and textures is really not what I want to do. https://www.flickr.com/photos/123021064@N05/14469591076/in/set-72157644917560879 < That runabout with full interior and flying behavior like the Halo Pelican, love that thing!) but it might take a while. I would pay for the development/porting and it would be an open and shareable project (Outerra only) so everyone could enjoy (or dislike) it. Pyton or Levi maybe?)
That looks awesome, I think I could do it, but not for money, just for fun :)
If so, it could take a while because I'm waiting for  an answer on few aircrafts, and already working on this one.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 06:18:06 am »

Long time since I haven't posted any updates for this aircraft (I hadn't too much time lately :( ), but I finally managed to finish it, and today, i'm happy to announce it's release!  :)
Update:
(July 14, 2014)
  • Ilyushin Il-14P released.
  • Few mesh optimizations.
  • Mesh tessellation where I considered necessary. See Before and After comparison, Here.
  • Normal and specular maps created from base textures.
  • Brand new 3D gauges/instruments.
  • And more...
Some features:
- 9 different liveries.
- Animated flight control system.
- Animated landing gear.
- Animated prop blades (blade-angle).
- Animated engine cowl flaps depending on RPM.
- Most of the instruments are working. e.g. Fuel content indicators; Landing gear position indicators&LEDs; Gyroscopes, etc...
- See all the features in the video below.

Note1: To reach higher altitudes, keep your eyes on the RPM indicator and adjust the mixture to maintain high RPMs.
Note2: Keep your FOV around 80º to prevent instrumentation vanishing. I think Oculus Rift users will have problems with this :(

Release Video:

Off-topic:

I already have the approval to convert the A380 from Project Airbus  ;D But I think it will take a good while to finish it...

Eventually, a big plane coming later from Simshed. The BAe Nimrod.

And also, a good bunch of small planes from Classic Wings. I can port all of them  :)

So yeah, a lot of work ahead   :D

John514

Re: [Released] Ilyushin Il-14P
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 06:29:24 am »

HOLY CRAP!

Rudeboy1988

• outerra fanatic
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 08:02:17 am »

Yes,yes! Thank you, Levi!

John514

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 08:12:52 am »

Did you get permission for all these planes?

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 08:15:17 am »

Did you get permission for all these planes?
Yep  ;)

John514

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 08:15:50 am »

Thats great news!

TimXWB

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 08:45:50 am »

Levi, you are really doing an awsome job here. The video is perfect to show this amazing old bird in outerra. Please keep up the superb work. :-)
I really enjoy to see some new planes in outerra, beeing an aviation enthusast I really hope that more people of the fs community will become aware of outerra throughout your work.
I'm also really looking forward for that fat lady of the skies, choosing project airbus is fantastic. One of the best freeware development groups for fs in my opinion.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 08:50:13 am »

Levi, you are really doing an awsome job here. The video is perfect to show this amazing old bird in outerra. Please keep up the superb work. :-)
I really enjoy to see some new planes in outerra, beeing an aviation enthusast I really hope that more people of the fs community will become aware of outerra throughout your work.
I'm also really looking forward for that fat lady of the skies, choosing project airbus is fantastic. One of the best freeware development groups for fs in my opinion.
Thank you for the kind words :)

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:23 am »

nice  one, Levi. Thanks! ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

M7

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 09:30:32 am »

Thanks Levi! really nice addition.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9