Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: [Released] Ilyushin Il-14P  (Read 78076 times)

bomber

Re: [Released] Ilyushin Il-14P
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 05:06:09 am »

Just spent years on JSBsim..... I'm open to any question, can I do this..... etc.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 05:34:01 am »

I also have to mention that I have a very little experience/knownledge with JSBSim and/or aviation. My first interacting with JSBSim/JavaScript, was when I started working on the Basler. Not too long time ago, so I have a lot of things to learn ;D

Well, taking a big problem project makes people learn more stuff and have more fun of finishing it.   ;) 

For fuel stuff, did you look up the JBSSim wiki ? :

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Write_a_fuel_system_in_JSBSim

... try looking in, if some fuel-tanks there are, and for the parts for the ammount computation ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2014, 05:53:14 am »

Just spent years on JSBsim..... I'm open to any question, can I do this..... etc.
Nice! Then, my first question for you would be: What's the best way to calculate/simulate WingFlex in JSBSim?

I already did it on the A380 by using Angle Of Attack (aero/alpha-rad) and gear compression (right wing gear for the right wing, and left wing gear for the left wing) when on ground, and it seem to work quite nice, but is there a better way to do it?

I tried to use aero/coefficient/CLalpha as explained in Howto:Implement_wing_flex, but the output is quite strange  :-\

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2014, 06:01:09 am »

I also have to mention that I have a very little experience/knownledge with JSBSim and/or aviation. My first interacting with JSBSim/JavaScript, was when I started working on the Basler. Not too long time ago, so I have a lot of things to learn ;D

Well, taking a big problem project makes people learn more stuff and have more fun of finishing it.   ;) 

For fuel stuff, did you look up the JBSSim wiki ? :

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Write_a_fuel_system_in_JSBSim

... try looking in, if some fuel-tanks there are, and for the parts for the ammount computation ...
Yes, I already took a look to that wiki (and even bookmarked it ;D), but it seem to be quite complex, maybe in the future i'll try to implement it. Thanks for the info anyways :D

bomber

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 07:20:48 am »

Don't worry it looks more complicated than it actually is....... I wrote it.

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 07:48:56 am »

Don't worry it looks more complicated than it actually is....... I wrote it.
Awesome! Later, I could try to implement it on the A380 (it has 11 fuel tanks :o), maybe with a bit of help from you? :) :D as I don't fully understand how aircraft systems actually works :D

bomber

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 07:59:54 am »

Not a problem.... the only issue we could face is that because we don't have extended keyboard functionality, isolation cocks and all the fancy flight engineer control stuff would have to be excluded...

cascading fuel from outer tanks to inner won't be a problem tho.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 08:25:58 am »

Not a problem.... the only issue we could face is that because we don't have extended keyboard functionality, isolation cocks and all the fancy flight engineer control stuff would have to be excluded...

cascading fuel from outer tanks to inner won't be a problem tho.
Cool! I can't wait for clickable cockpits and extended keyboard functionality, so we can be able to do more complex things... I really hope those will be integrated as soon as possible.

Also, did you read this previous post? you may have missed it ;D
Nice! Then, my first question for you would be: What's the best way to calculate/simulate WingFlex in JSBSim?

I already did it on the A380 by using Angle Of Attack (aero/alpha-rad) and gear compression (right wing gear for the right wing, and left wing gear for the left wing) when on ground, and it seem to work quite nice, but is there a better way to do it?

I tried to use aero/coefficient/CLalpha as explained in Howto:Implement_wing_flex, but the output is quite strange  :-\

bomber

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 09:42:47 am »

I didn't miss it, just not a simple answer on a phone whilst at work. :-)

I think this needs a new thread.

PytonPago

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:58 am »

... but you could make extensions (like adding the need of two already implemented keys to do a thing) and so prepare the script, till the final extended version and full-click cockpit systems are implemented.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

bomber

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 10:43:17 am »

Ok fill me in on this 'extension' malarky

PytonPago

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 10:57:20 am »

Ok fill me in on this 'extension' malarky

... just make some IF (Aopen + ActionBt1 + ActionBt2) (stuff happens) where you have the possibility of 3 factorial key-combinations. Off course, just for the time Cameny and Angry gets the aircraft-handling extended, but you could check the stuff functionality and set the code further, making it prepared for that.

bomber

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 11:09:56 am »

Ok javascripters.... you know there's a get JSBsim property.... is there also a write alternative ?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 11:45:26 am »

Have you tried to assign to it? Like
Code: [Select]
jsb["fcs/throttle-cmd-norm[0]"] = 1

Not sure if anybody tested it though.

PytonPago

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 12:26:23 pm »

Ok javascripters....

Sorry ...  ::) ( should stop posting on avian sections  ;D )

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9