Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [Released] Ilyushin Il-14P  (Read 78059 times)

HiFlyer

Re: [Released] Ilyushin Il-14P
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2015, 04:29:29 am »

Hmm, I have the min_obj_size set to 1.0, and FOV at 100º with no dials missing...
What are your settings? Are you using Oculus Rift?

I had it at the default (I think thats 5.0) and I suspect most casual users will have it that way as well. It only occurred to me after I noticed the missing dials to change it, and that's only because I remembered a warning about that on the UH-60

I bet a lot of people will see the missing dials and just assume they don't work
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2015, 05:39:09 am »

If you apply the second subdivision, and only at the edges (having middle-straight parts of the seats at bigger faces) ... will make the edges of the seats look ncer, yet not overwhelm the model whyte polys.

As for the dials ... for some components on my models cabin, i added (in some hidden space) some sandom bigger face to its mesh, so it wont be hidden. Just a square, or 6-8 edged circles, well whytein the frame outside any visible place. Then its not a problem anymore.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2015, 05:56:54 am »

I had it at the default (I think thats 5.0) and I suspect most casual users will have it that way as well. It only occurred to me after I noticed the missing dials to change it, and that's only because I remembered a warning about that on the UH-60

I bet a lot of people will see the missing dials and just assume they don't work
You're totally right.
I'll put the warning from the F-117 on the main post as well, for now.

If you apply the second subdivision, and only at the edges (having middle-straight parts of the seats at bigger faces) ... will make the edges of the seats look ncer, yet not overwhelm the model with polys.
I'm considering doing this now. :)

As for the dials ... for some components on my models cabin, i added (in some hidden space) some sandom bigger face to its mesh, so it wont be hidden. Just a square, or 6-8 edged circles, well within the frame outside any visible place. Then its not a problem anymore.
That's what I did for the very little dials.
Though, there's a nicer solution than hiding big polys:
Just duplicate a vertex, and move it a few meters away. This will make the object's bounding box bigger, and the vertex won't be rendered.
I've tested this and it works. FBX exported from 3ds Max, so I'm not too sure if blender will export isolated vertices.

PytonPago

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2015, 06:22:07 am »

Just duplicate a vertex, and move it a few meters away. This will make the object's bounding box bigger, and the vertex won't be rendered.
I've tested this and it works. FBX exported from 3ds Max, so I'm not too sure if blender will export isolated vertices.

... interesting, didnt think it looks only on the bounding box ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2015, 05:49:25 pm »

I wanted to make a simple video lights Ilyushin Il-14P, but took the opportunity to challenge Levi and Community,,, put the plane on a runway, whose name and location I only know and outerra. and I doubt anyone knows or knows of that place ... it is a marvelous place between mountains.
finally think I'll have a well kept secret .... it is a place no one will decrypt

if you search for clues that might help you, without the -
[-img][/img]
destroy message after obtaining the information

confirm it on this link, the key is the name of the airport
https://mega.co.nz/#!9YxjQCxI!xoYPyp1ELeaADN-xU6-Geu_VZdf371JCWzcOZ6d7wow

is always more interesting technical dialogues videos,, these (movies) is only to enjoy, but never to break such an interesting conversation.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:35:23 am by aWac9 »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2015, 03:41:31 am »

Interesting challenge aWac9! :D
Btw, the link from decoding the binary code you put in the video's description does't work: https://www.imageshost.eu/images/2015/06/22/9DF.jpg

So this is the Queen Tamar Airport located in Mestia, Georgia.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:22 am »

aWac9, I've noticed in your video that some instruments on the plane are missing. You can fix it by changing the min_obj_size in eng.cfg to 1.0 or less.
That should do the trick until I solve this problem.

PytonPago

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2015, 04:50:43 am »

So this is the Queen Tamar Airport located in Mestia, Georgia.

....  I ain't done nothing !

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2015, 07:23:34 am »

....  I ain't done nothing !

Haha, you have to be a little bit faster. =D

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2015, 07:47:26 am »

The last update is also available now at outerramods.com

aWac9

« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2015, 11:59:08 am »

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2015, 01:06:06 pm »

(June 23, 2015)
Update:
(June 23, 2015)
  • Fixed missing dials/instruments. No need to change min_obj_size anymore if FOV angle is maintained around 80º
  • Working clocks(front and rear) based on in-game time.
  • Higher poly seats and are also instanced now.

Video:

PytonPago

« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2015, 01:09:58 pm »

now those seats look much better !

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2015, 01:27:08 pm »

... interesting, didnt think it looks only on the bounding box ...
I rectify what I've said there.
I don't know why I remember that worked, but I tried it now, and it seems to not work like that. There needs to be at least a triangle, and not smaller than 0.25 x 0.25mm. Then I just move it about 10cm away, and it works pretty good. So it seems that you don't necessarily need big polygons.
Anyway, I hope this bug will be fixed some day...

andfly

« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2015, 07:22:30 pm »

Congratulations, Levi,
in that cabin you managed to create not only a beautiful visual effect but a dense atmosphere of excitement !!!
Really a fantastic job ... Thanks!
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9