Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Question about Anteworld  (Read 6255 times)

Crimsonknight3

Question about Anteworld
« on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:27 pm »

So is there any information on the games development? I can't really find anything and there is a LOT of info and work going on with the outerra engine I am wondering if there is a road-map of Anteworld's development? It is slightly worrying as I see A HELL OF A LOT of information on all the many things the devs want to use the outerra engine for, and on about getting funding for it, but not much info around anteworld

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Question about Anteworld
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:56:06 pm »

Try looking at :

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1995.msg22793#msg22793

http://outerra.blogspot.sk/2014/02/2013-retrospective-2014-look-ahead.html

... mind that progress is slow - they have a lot of work to do and fixing issues along the way ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

andrew2343

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:23:33 pm »

hu just one more thing.. today i was in the demo running around my country and stuff and i crash landed from space right into a dam. it wasnt filled with water, wich i already knew. also, the rivers were not there, wich i also already knew. and the roads and stuff. anyway, are the devs planning on adding the roads to the game like they are in the map? cuz that would be awsome! also, are they planning on adding the lakes and the rivers? plus  wheat fields and stuff like that? because that would be awsome. the roadmap of that 2013 2014 a look ahead mentioned the roads and stuff, but it wanst written quite clearly. they said they could do it, but they didnt say they would do it, so now im confused. any help in this matter?

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »

Hard to say exactly when, but as you mentioned, there are plans to eventually get those things done. In the meantime you can take a look at Acetones Talkeetna test scenery. http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2855.0
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andrew2343

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 05:00:53 pm »

meh, eventually means it going to be done so good enough for me. thanks for the answer! and for the link, thats usefull!

Tryst

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:26:05 pm »

Would be pretty cool if it could load the road, river and other similar data from Google Earth and place them all if the user wishes. The houses could be left out since there's no 3D data for them but we could see the roads and rivers exactly as they are IRL.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 03:02:00 am »

Would be pretty cool if it could load the road, river and other similar data from Google Earth and place them all if the user wishes. The houses could be left out since there's no 3D data for them but we could see the roads and rivers exactly as they are IRL.

... there were talk quite some time ago about googles data - there was some licence thing in the way. But Cameny has some else source in thoughts ... still, a longer wait is needed till they get to procedural city generation.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.