Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra Flight Simulator  (Read 10005 times)

Anvar

Outerra Flight Simulator
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:03:57 am »

Now, when You sold the rights to the engine , we can not expect to have any civil flight simulator?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:23:10 am by Anvar »

dbb

Re: Outerra Flight Simulator
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 08:35:57 am »

Now, when You sold the rights to the engine , we can not expect to have any civil flight simulator?
The rights were not sold, TitanIM was given an exclusive license for military applications.

bomber

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 01:11:13 pm »

I have to ask cameni and the outerra guys granting titan exclusive military rights, where does that leave those wishing to create combat sims?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 02:03:38 pm »

... exclusive probably because the engine isnt finished yet. Doesn't mean they bayed OT and wrap it up somewhere in Nevada like the sauce.. ehh, i mean weather balloon.  ;D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

dbb

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 02:12:57 pm »

I have to ask cameni and the outerra guys granting titan exclusive military rights, where does that leave those wishing to create combat sims?
The license is for "direct or indirect use by the military" the content of the application doesn't matter, only the user.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 02:14:43 pm »

Those rights concern only the use by the military user, e.g any OT-based app that will be used by the army/navy/etc directly. That's also why all the other stuff we release based on OT has got a clause that it must not be used by military users or for the apps used by the military users, to separate the two.

It does not limit any use of OT for civil simulator, or even military games/simulators for gamers or other civil users.

Anvar

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 02:49:45 pm »

Thanks for answering my question.

bomber

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »

Thanks for the Clear and prompt reply.....  I have to day above all its what sets thus place apart from others
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell