Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: POV buttons  (Read 15741 times)

2eyed

Re: POV buttons
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 08:52:12 am »

I get exact the same result as reported by HoralkaEU with my MS SideWinder joystick. No possibility to bind individual POV directions.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 02:06:57 pm »

The solution for me was xpadder:

http://xpadder.com/

I assign the movements to keys in OT, and then use xpadder to assign those keys to the MS Sidewinder.

(Indeed xpadder is a savior for using joystick in many games, like Battlefield 3 & 4).
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

adler58

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 04:28:49 am »

The solution for me was xpadder:

http://xpadder.com/

I assign the movements to keys in OT, and then use xpadder to assign those keys to the MS Sidewinder.

(Indeed xpadder is a savior for using joystick in many games, like Battlefield 3 & 4).

Thank you, I did exactly the same with my old but good MS Sidewinder FF2 joystick.
For the moment, only "glance view", while for pan view I am using the mouse pad (my PC is a notebook) but I will try if it's possible to assign pan to the hat switch ;)
Flight history and simulation fan

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 09:07:09 pm »

Hi!

Xpadder is not working for me in OT anymore; is like the keystrokes generated by XP are not detected by OT. Any idea? (it works perfect with other games).
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2015, 06:41:46 am »

This should be resolved. Can someone set enable_hid_logging=true in eng.cfg and get us the eng.log from a short session where just the pov buttons on MS Sidewinder joysticks are pressed, in some predefined sequence? Like clockwise from up.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2015, 08:40:36 am »

I'll do it tonight, when I get home (is 7:39 a.m. here, right now). Thanks a lot!

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2015, 06:31:37 pm »

Hi again!

Here are two eng_log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1zb7i6be6he7q3/eng_log.zip?dl=0

In the first one I used just  the pov, in the second one, the  eight buttons.

If I can do something else, please let me know.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:50:47 pm by KW71 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 03:27:27 am »

Thanks. Something's wrong there with the logging, button and axis events are there but no pots. But I have no pot messages even with Saitek joysticks here, even though the pot works (in default settings it turns the view). I'll have to check why it's not being logged.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 08:42:33 am »

O.K. Thank you very much again, Brano!

Daikan

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 06:35:34 am »

I'm trying to bind the hat switches of my Thrustmaster T.16000M to the look_vert and look_horz actions so I can pan around smoothly using the up/down/left/right hat buttons.

However, there are 2 issues:
  • The "HAT UP" position cannot be mapped (nothing happens when "Press key / Move joystick axis" appears in the Keybindings editor and I hit the "UP" position on my hat
  • The names of the other button events seem to be off: "HAT LEFT" is recognized as "2:POT0_DOWN", "HAT RIGHT" as "2:POT0_UP", "HAT DOWN" as "2:POT0_LEFT"

This is with the latest beta (0.8.4.6018).

I know I could use the Thrustmaster configuration tool (T.A.R.G.E.T) to simulate keyboard commands for my hat switch  in order to work around the problem, but I would like to avoid that if possible.

Any ideas?

EDIT:

I just saw that the look commands aren't currently working so therefore my idea wouldn't work anyway:

Look commands haven't been yet ported to the new key mapping system, it will be possible to map them to the hat once that's done.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:19:36 am by Daikan »
Pages: 1 [2]