Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: WeAreData - Watchdogs smart cities - real datas  (Read 2989 times)

foxfiles

• Reality is merely an illusion
WeAreData - Watchdogs smart cities - real datas
« on: June 14, 2014, 11:22:54 am »

Just wanted to share this interesting link where the Ubisoft French guys are using real datas on Maps from Paris, London and Berlin, enjoy here :
http://wearedata.watchdogs.com/

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - A. Einstein

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: WeAreData - Watchdogs smart cities - real datas
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:56:03 pm »

Have to say, if it hits some point greatly, its the one, where people becoming more a statistic value object in the higher hierarchy-steps or simple organizational posts. Was talking about that white a friend from Austria and its seems it is something like a outcome of a lack of actual inter-personal people-friendly contact, witch is reduced to simply "doing the job" and the time i have free for myself (obviously escaping that reality). While "doing the job" shifts from actual public service to highly automatized and single-job efficiency short-sighted profitable management.

They really had a deep hidden message whytein that title. A scary little world it is from this perspective. That technology has great potential in ways it can be usefully and creatively implemented in helping the lives ... doe a horrific tool, when going rouge in a society of chronical un-involvement/-interest for them.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 03:00:04 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.