Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Hamina-class missile boat  (Read 11242 times)

Planets

Hamina-class missile boat
« on: July 14, 2014, 05:33:03 pm »

So I decided to finally try my hand at the FBX importer and well I freaking love it, before I thought it was just not working but it turned out it was exporting correctly but the model was miniscule, a little grey blob the size of a fly, so I upped the scales in blender and it was perfect! I also love how easy it is to modify the scale on the fly with the FBX importer, and to see it change in game immediately after you first restart to load the model, that is incredibly useful and fun.

So here is the Finnish Hamina-class missile boat, I love the look of it, one of the few modern naval designs that actually look good. Model taken from -http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/hamina-35750.html all credit to him I just imported it.

Scale is as real life accurate as I could make it, about ~50 meters.

And because of its straightforward design it is easily scalable so for fun I made a slightly bigger version as well-

It almost looks plausible, that is except for lack of a noticeable funnel, just pretend it's a stealth ship or something.. with a 6" gun.  ;D

A real proper armada here

Unfortunately the models are both static for now, I tried my best to get them as working watercraft but I need help with that. I tried to copy the script used for the coast guard boat and modify it a bit for the patrol boat but I couldn't even get the ship to spawn as anything but static. I'm not sure what settings in FBX importer would allow that, none that I have tried have worked so far. If someone could help me with this I would be grateful, I'm eager to make both craft pilotable. But I never messed around with vehicle scripts or anything like that till now.  :-\

Download link- https://www.dropbox.com/s/g9je6hq0ltpzfkg/Hamina%20craft.zip