Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: completely freezes  (Read 19158 times)

HiFlyer

Re: completely freezes
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 12:49:28 pm »

.... idk if im missing anything here
Maybe re-installing the OS? :D
That always works for me when the OS has serious problems and there are no other options left...

Maybe a registry cleaning?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 12:51:53 pm »

.... idk if im missing anything here
Maybe re-installing the OS? :D
That always works for me when the OS has serious problems and there are no other options left...

Sadly that is not a Option i have to 2 years Work on here to Risk and Lose and i dont believe in backups because they failed me 3 times in my life

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 01:13:51 pm »

Sadly that is not a Option i have to 2 years Work on here to Risk and Lose and i dont believe in backups because they failed me 3 times in my life
Don't you use at least two partitions, one for the OS and another one for your personal data? That way, you'll never risk anything when re-installing the OS (at least if you don't touch the secondary/data partition).

I have too hundreds of Gigabytes of important data/projects/work accumulated from many years. Fortunately I've never lost anything, and I use to re-install the OS once a two or three months, depending on how many software is being installed and uninstalled.

Also, I always backup the most important data on hard drives that I don't use, just in case the main HDD fails.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 01:17:09 pm »

I use CCleaner daily, and even cleaning the registry, sometimes Windows become very unstable after a long time of use. Of course that depends on how you use it too.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 02:16:26 pm »

I use CCleaner daily, and even cleaning the registry, sometimes Windows become very unstable after a long time of use. Of course that depends on how you use it too.

You might want to read up http://www.howtogeek.com/171633/why-using-a-registry-cleaner-wont-speed-up-your-pc-or-fix-crashes/

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 02:21:53 pm »

Don't you use at least two partitions, one for the OS and another one for your personal data? That way, you'll never risk anything when re-installing the OS (at least if you don't touch the secondary/data partition).

I have too hundreds of Gigabytes of important data/projects/work accumulated from many years. Fortunately I've never lost anything, and I use to re-install the OS once a two or three months, depending on how many software is being installed and uninstalled.

Also, I always backup the most important data on hard drives that I don't use, just in case the main HDD fails.

No i dont. and Personally i don't think it will Help either. Outerra isnt worth Losing All my Settings and Installations.. i will wait For a New Update for Outerra and Hope that this all Changes for the better :/

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 02:37:11 pm »

You might want to read up http://www.howtogeek.com/171633/why-using-a-registry-cleaner-wont-speed-up-your-pc-or-fix-crashes/
Thanks for that article! I didn't know about that :o Every day you can learn something right? :D So... no more registry cleaners from now  ;)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »

Thanks for that article! I didn't know about that :o Every day you can learn something right? :D So... no more registry cleaners from now  ;)

... i use it always - when Windows an idiot is and leaves programs in registry after uninstall ...  :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 06:41:42 pm »

make a clean install, delete all records, check it in run: initiation/execute/regedit/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE ... (delete folders, etc ..[makes copies of the folders you are interested in user / outerra]) and seeing the settings of your pc, outerra off .. as does rocket.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:49:22 pm by aWac9 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 09:22:16 am »

... i use it always - when Windows an idiot is and leaves programs in registry after uninstall ...  :D

Me as well. Cleaners have been very useful to me for getting rid of leftover garbage after an uninstalled program has left a mess.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 08:39:09 am »

Well i installed new update.. i ran it no crash or PC freeze... then... second time i run it i couldnt even log in before it Froze.?!

pschojer

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 07:43:42 am »

In case you have an AMD grx card, did you try the latest beta driver? I had stability problems with the latest official driver 14.4. 14.7 RC3 (beta) worked fine though.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 10:14:29 am »

In case you have an AMD grx card, did you try the latest beta driver? I had stability problems with the latest official driver 14.4. 14.7 RC3 (beta) worked fine though.

NO i did have beta installed before and i had SHIT ton of issues... like CCC wasnt loading so i couldnt change settings and stuff so i had to return back

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 03:00:56 pm »

i give up.... i just wanted to play :c

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 03:25:30 pm »

Still no change with the latest versions? Btw when reinstalling OT, move the existing data dir away or install to a new data dir, to ensure there are no corrupted data files.

Freezing that way must be a driver/OS thing, it's not really possible for an application to freeze the OS completely in user mode. Since you did all the cleaning with the graphics drivers, and presumably this is not a hardware issue ... the only other drivers used by Outerra are network and sound. But that would be quite unlikely and rare (though, your freezing in OT is indeed rare).
Pages: 1 [2] 3