Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: installing downloaded vehicles from rars?  (Read 5194 times)

zaroba

installing downloaded vehicles from rars?
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:11:12 am »

How do I go about installing downloaded vehicles from rar files?

Tried unraring them into the folder where the .otx files got installed to, but they don't show up in game.
Went into the importer in game and that just displayed empty folders for the unrard vehicle folders.
I've noticed that changing the dir structure of vehicles that came from an otx results in them not showing up in game as well.

Is there a config file somewhere that needs to be edited to add non-otx vehicle downloads?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: installing downloaded vehicles from rars?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 10:33:20 am »

That depends ... if you have user-files in another directory than the engine itself, than you have to unrar them there ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

zaroba

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:09:55 am »

Yes, my C drive is a small SSD so keeping most game data (ie, world downloads, mods) on my 1tb E drive.
But when I unrar the vehicles in the packages folder there (same place the otx vehicles get installed to), they don't show in game at all.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:36:01 am by zaroba »

PytonPago

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 11:54:59 am »

Well, it should ...  ??? ... is all that is needed in the files ? (check whyte working ones) ... also, mind, that the directory of the "creator" needs to be there : ... /Antenworld/packages/PytonPago/M35-MACO/ ... else, it wont recognize it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:04:01 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

zaroba

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 01:38:43 pm »

hmm...the rars didn't have any type of creator name in the structure.

Unrard some in the dir on the C drive and they work there.
Guess I will just keep the unzipped ones there instead of on the E drive.

Thanks.

PytonPago

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 03:12:46 pm »

Heh ... sabotaged directory files ?  ;D  ;D ... doe, best to keep things in .otx files ( just make dummy directory's like "packages/yaknowwhoiam/" on the desktop, drop the model folder there, winzip it and change the sufix from ".zip" to ".otx" ). Just a click away to installation ...