Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Wind and turbulence  (Read 2960 times)

DeltaSim

Wind and turbulence
« on: July 26, 2014, 04:22:18 pm »

Hi,

I keep checking Outerra from time to time to see if the flight simulation now allows for some wind and turbulence (see an old post of mine below). Despite the virtually perfect graphics, I must admit that I have lost interest in Outerra a bit as flight simulation only really begins to make sense if you have at least basic weather. I intend to use my hang gliding simulator for real training - no point in doing so without gusts and wind... Haven't found anything new on this topic in the forum - any news from the Outerra guys?

Cheers, Martin

PS: JSBSim has a "FGWinds" Class - could this be something worth looking at?

Speaking about weather: I am eagerly looking forward to some wind in Outerra! The lack threof is currently the reason why I still run my simulator with FlightGear. FG also allows me to control the wind/weather properties over Telnet - great for teasing the guy in the simulator with some nasty gusts while he practises his landing approaches :-).

Any news or time estimates on this?

Cheers and keep going,

Martin
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Wind and turbulence
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 11:41:39 pm »

Have in mind, that they have a longer way to go till weather can be added - there should be a lot of things being affected by weather and they need to be done rightly before adding such dependencies - ( clouds n terrain/tree shadows aren't there aether ). Im sure it will hit the Sim comunity hard, but it still has maybe 5 years to go till then (thats my personal estimate, might be wrong at that really badly).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.