Outerra Apps > Games

Player Models

(1/4) > >>

ZeosPantera:
Probably the least important of the game aspects. Since there will be no multiplayer at the start and mirrors wont be a priority(will they be possible?) This topic is a bit moot.

Regardless of those facts lets start with helmets. Do we need them? Certainly not for pollutants but since we are always felling trees and building roads and driving th0rough hazardous terrain and flying helicopters I think protective headgear would be fashionable on earth 2.

Now I am not a fashionista but Hawaiian shirts and crash helmets don't work so some sort of standard technician one-z would suffice.

These are people down here not marines. Explorers of a sort. Both men and women of average height, build and believe it or not probably a single race/color! 1500 years couldn't all have been spent in cryo-sleep. :Boom-chica-wow-wow: ;)

On that subject this is one of the first results if you search "space explorer"
I wont embed http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_23600/subcat_41607/NB%20JPEG%20SARA%20SPACE%20EXPLORER%20300%20US%20MED207.jpg
This could work.

Hybodo:
If I was forced to run around as a pre-decided person, I'd be glad I was forced to be her. Just look at those feet, they're beautiful! Since that image made this thread seem like it was a joke, I won't go too in depth. I personally think that humans should have slightly evolved, meaning we're slightly taller than we are today, and slightly more muscular.

C. Shawn Smith:
For inspiration like that, Frank Frazetta would be a lot better :D

If we're aiming for the late 21st/22nd century for the new start date of the ISA Outerra, and then returning 500-1000 years later, we won't look any different.  Even our Cro-Magon ancestors looked remarkably like us.  In order for any kind of genetic drift on that level would require tens of thousands of years, if not hundreds.

The Outerra as outlined in the story grabbed people from every walk of life.  Many different ethnicities, religions, ages, etc, were selected to represent a wide range of diversity (and to ensure future colonists had plenty of widely varied genetic material to ... uh ... "work" from :D  My original thought was to include family units as well ... in a 6-10 year time period after the colony was setup, the children would have become adults to help with colonization.  Without children going, it would take some 16-20 years before a new generation would be available.

SpaceFlight:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera ---Both men and women of average height, build and believe it or not probably a single race/color!
--- End quote ---

Why would there be only one race/color ?

--- Quote from: cshawnsmith ---The Outerra as outlined in the story grabbed people from every walk of life.  Many different ethnicities, religions, ages, etc, were selected to represent a wide range of diversity (and to ensure future colonists had plenty of widely varied genetic material to ... uh ... "work" from big_smile  My original thought was to include family units as well ... in a 6-10 year time period after the colony was setup, the children would have become adults to help with colonization.

--- End quote ---

This sounds much more like it imo.

ZeosPantera:

--- Quote from: SpaceFlight ---Why would there be only one race/color ?
--- End quote ---

With the previous time-line I assume everyone on the ship was f__king everyone else and now we are all the same color. No racial bigotry here my friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version