Outerra Apps > Games

Player Models

<< < (3/4) > >>

NAX:
Make the ppl blue so no one can complain

Epicmokies:
I dont think having blue people would benefit people trying to complain about racism.  Or if that does become the case have fun trying to comeup with a reason why the human race suddenly turned blue lol  ;)

Matt6767:

--- Quote from: NAX on February 25, 2012, 08:07:26 am ---Make the ppl blue so no one can complain

--- End quote ---
That uh...that looks like it will open up a whole new set of problems. No offence to blue people.

My votes for keeping races. Not a big fan of the "everyone is the same" idea.

C. Shawn Smith:
Hmm, forum ate my reply earlier.  Weird.

At any rate, there would not be enough time for the crew to homogenize into one "race" (incidentally, I prefer the term ethnicity or culture rather than race, because we already ARE one race: Human; and that is reflected in the novel because it took the entirety of the human race to come together to build the Outerra.  So the crew will be made up of millions of people representing most of the cultures of the planet Earth).  The Outerra Initiative mission on-board ship time is about 180 years, but most of that time is spent in cryogenic hibernation.  Each individual member of the crew will only age about 2-3 years at the most because of that.

SpaceFlight:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on March 04, 2011, 11:19:32 am ---
--- Quote from: SpaceFlight ---Why would there be only one race/color ?
--- End quote ---

With the previous time-line I assume everyone on the ship was f__king everyone else and now we are all the same color. No racial bigotry here my friend.

--- End quote ---
Since this thread comes up, actually I did not think there was racial bigotry here. But I think there are quite a lot of combinations possible with 1000+ men and women onboard. (Actually I don't know the exact number of people onboard the spaceship). Anyways, one race/color for all people onboard seems to me like a very big change in a relatively short time frame (even with the old timeline. Can't remember how many years the ship was in space in the old one, 800 or so?). Plus there are always genetic mutations.

Edit: so there are millions of people onboard. Thats a lot more than I thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version